Monday, May 06, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war!

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war! 12 years, 11 months ago #21866

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
I expect this to be pretty one-sided but hey ho, I want to hear what people think of this xbox game 'Fortress Craft' and how you think it fares against minecraft.

I myself think the game looks like a piece of cra- rubbish. Anyone with a slow computer (like myself) will still have more fun playing minecraft than they would playing fortress craft. I'd spend 2 minutes on it, IF THAT. The price for this game is £3, with which I could buy myself food and drink to last me after dinner into the early hours. I think I'll go spend that £3 right now instead of wasting it on this game.

I'll go into a bit more detail later but I'm hungry and 3 days of staying up till the early hours working has messed up my built in clock, I need to sort that out asap!

Looking forward to your fortress craft flaming I mean opinions

Re: Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war! 12 years, 11 months ago #21877

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Can't really flame much, I like minecraft and the huge community it gathers for players and modders, I don't own a xbox...

Re: Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war! 12 years, 11 months ago #21886

• NEZ
  • Gold Boarder
looks and seems exactly like minecraft

have to say i prefer minecraft, because it is, well, minecraft, and also i also dont have an xbox so i couldnt play it even if i wanted to
Hic canet erranté Lunam, Solis; labores Arcturù;, pluuias; hyad. géinos; trióes.

Re: Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war! 12 years, 11 months ago #21893

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
im loyal to minecraft lol, wont even bother checking out fortress craft before i say minecraft owns its ass
GIMP!!!

Re: Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war! 12 years, 11 months ago #21925

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
It doesnt matter to me, if it aint PC I aint buying it
Plus, why would I want ANOTHER minecraft game?

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war! 12 years, 11 months ago #21930

• Mr.Moo
  • Platinum Boarder
My only fault with Minecraft is that after spending a solid week creating 250x250 3D art, and other various giant sculptures like a 3D dragon, 3D japanese building, the Titanic using over 100,000 blocks..the server I was on, got shut down so I lost everything...well over 20,000,000,000 blocks worth of stuff..gone =/

Pooky: Could you make your topic titles more specific next time please ? I thought this was about CSS.
Mentoz: It's in the Minecraft thread...
Pooky: Balls D:

Pooky Failed.

Re: Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war! 12 years, 11 months ago #21970

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Mr.Moo wrote:
My only fault with Minecraft is that after spending a solid week creating 250x250 3D art, and other various giant sculptures like a 3D dragon, 3D japanese building, the Titanic using over 100,000 blocks..the server I was on, got shut down so I lost everything...well over 20,000,000,000 blocks worth of stuff..gone =/

Thats why I only play minecraft on our server

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war! 12 years, 11 months ago #21974

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Fortress craft is basically minecraft classic. You can only build (infinate blocks as far as I've seen in vids) and destroying blocks just well... destroys blocks. No gain from it except space.

There are two differences I've seen, one is a trampoline block and the other is 'relics'

The trampoline block just instantly defys all physics, and (as with classic minecraft) you lose no health.

As for the relics there are a 6 in total I think. one is a miners hat that lights up the area if you are underground, another are similar to Springheel Jack's shoes, making you jump twice as high as normal.

These are rendered practically useless as soon as you get the ray gun, which increases your mining distance ten fold, and the jetpack, which if you are in third person makes no effert to even look like a jetpack. You are just walking in midair.

When making a server multiplayer you can choose who has building rights, but it's done in such a way that usually a server has either everyone building, or nobody building. So you'll more than likely find people just running around underground looking for these relics.

Not impressed and if this is only chapter 1... I wonder how closely these chapters will follow minecraft. Chapter 2 is said to include monsters (won't be much point of them if you have a jetpack and ray gun would it...)

Re: Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war! 12 years, 11 months ago #22017

• Liquid Snake
i just think this is some cheap minecraft rip off, in all fairness the game does look *better* then minecraft but imo the blocks look weird they are all shiny and such its not how dirt looks... I mean when we look at dirt irl will we say *OOOOOOOOooOOOooOoooHHhHHhHHhHH it a shiny!* whell.. ofc not..

i prefer minecraft over fortress craft by far

Re: Minecraft vs Fortress Craft - Start the flame war! 12 years, 11 months ago #22022

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :P :P :P
Never played Fortress Craft but my friend has and he doesn't say it is that good. I wouldn't buy it because I have minecraft

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds