Windows 7
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Windows 7

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5808

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Luckie wrote:
Yeah I didn't think any of the Pro features would be of any use to me - I'm currently running XP with no issues (I didn't even bother thinking about Vista. I ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Tool thing which checks your PC and sees if it will run Windows 7 and it will though I will need to upgrade my drivers for the Ethernet controller apparently. Also, it says I may have problems with Norton :s Hope not!

I think as part of Norton it can do a system backup thing anyway but any important files I need I'll just burn on a CD - it's not a problem to reinstall a few programs! So, do you think it's definately safe to go away and pre-order this just now?

Um...ditch Norton

But yeah, I think it's ok to go tbh. If you can dual boot (ie. get a 2nd hard drive and install to that) you can have XP to fall back onto should things not work out ok. Win 7 will need a clean reinstall - no upgrade option. HD's are pretty cheap now. But, really, I think Win 7 should be ok.

The offer is great. I'd buy into it, and if you are really worried about, let everyone else install it and see what problems happen. At least you'd have Win 7 sitting there ready to install at your lesuire for a cheap price.

Oh, and install the 64-bit version if you can.
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5809

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
Naw I used to hate Norton as well but 2009 is actually geniuely quite good - no problems with it at all and it's nice and discreet - i.e. no massive stupid yellow logo clogging up my taskbar!

I do already have 2 hard drives (one of them from my old comp and another when I got it upgraded to this current comp) but I'm not keen on the idea of dual booting - I don't particularly want to over complicate things so I think I might just pre-order it now and let everyone else install it before I risk my own comp.

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5811

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
k pre-ordered and should arrive within a week of the release date - looks good and sounds good. I've ordered the Home Premium Edition just now off PC World for £45

You said that would have the 64bit edition in it eh? Just so I know :s It was the only that and the pro version they had anyway and it didn't mention anything about a separate 32 and 64 bit version so I think I've ordered the right one lol

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5812

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
u alrdy have 64bit ready ram?

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5814

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Both versions should contain both the 32-bit and 64-bit install discs
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5816

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
liger wrote:
u alrdy have 64bit ready ram?

wtf?

what does ram have to do with it?

Its simply a matter of being able to use more than 3 gigs and 64bit instructions, ram does not need to be "ready".
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5818

• slaB
  • Administrator
Maybe you ment CPU?

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5821

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
like a candy from a baby

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5869

• Gazza
  • Official TWK Admin
or you could wait 2 months after its realeased and download it from the internet, Or if your scottish take a trip to the good old barrowlands

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5870

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
Gazza wrote:
or you could wait 2 months after its realeased and download it from the internet, Or if your scottish take a trip to the good old barrowlands

and get a virus with it
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds