Username Password: Remember me

Windows 7
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Windows 7

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5602

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
If you have downloaded the release candidate of Win 7 or read any literature on it, you'll know it's good. Real good.

I've been running it as my work PC since the RC and I've had no issues - I also miss features when I go home.

MS are doing an offer for pre-orders it if anyone is interested. Detailed below..

www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/buy/offers/pre-order.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5603

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
Yeah I heard about this and was tempted to go for it - only concern is any compatibility issues. I know this won't be on the same scale as Vista but I'm still hesistant - I mean if I get Windows 7 and Steam and especially CS:S doesn't work what would I do! '(

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5604

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Luckie wrote:
Yeah I heard about this and was tempted to go for it - only concern is any compatibility issues. I know this won't be on the same scale as Vista but I'm still hesistant - I mean if I get Windows 7 and Steam and especially CS:S doesn't work what would I do! '(

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! NO CSS????????

I'll be getting it when it goes full version, through the official channels
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5606

• slaB
  • Administrator
I luuuv W7 ;O
Although it's fu***** unfair that it's going to be A LOOOT cheaper to buy in the US! The price diff is crazy!!! I hate MS, but I love their work...
Also, if you wonder what version you want: www.winsupersite.com/win7/win7_skus_compare.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5607

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Luckie wrote:
Yeah I heard about this and was tempted to go for it - only concern is any compatibility issues. I know this won't be on the same scale as Vista but I'm still hesistant

CS:S will almost certainly work. 7 is not too different to Vista as far as the underlying architecture is concerned. The only things that would probably hold it back are drivers, but everyone seems a lot more geared up as compared to XP to Vista. Even my audio card company that took AGES to get a Vista 64-bit driver out, well after Vista was released, is working on a Win 7 driver.

However, I'll give it a test on RC1 over the hols

Luckie wrote:
I mean if I get Windows 7 and Steam and especially CS:S doesn't work what would I do! '(

Dual boot

My SoundCloud

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5630

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
Gonna wait till it comes out +1-2 months for critical bugs

slaB wrote:
I luuuv W7 ;O
Although it's fu***** unfair that it's going to be A LOOOT cheaper to buy in the US! The price diff is crazy!!!

Get it free from google.com

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5720

• slaB
  • Administrator
hehe, I got Vista 64bit ultimate for free (from "google"Wink, for my new computer. So I've decided to actually buy W7 when that is released.

EDIT:
Found these links,
www.maximumpc.com/article/news/windows_7...%99s_installed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

www.maximumpc.com/article/features/windo...red?page=0%2C0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5804

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
right i've decided to give MS the benefit of the doubt and pre-order windows 7. Hopefully I won't get any compatibility issues.

This £45 deal is too good to pass up and I just got paid so

A quick question - is the Home Premium edition definately all i need?

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5806

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Luckie wrote:
right i've decided to give MS the benefit of the doubt and pre-order windows 7. Hopefully I won't get any compatibility issues.

This £45 deal is too good to pass up and I just got paid so

A quick question - is the Home Premium edition definately all i need?

It's what I'm going for.

I weighed up the pro's and con's but the only extras that might be useful were Windows XP mode (virtual XP for running old software) and the backup stuff.

If you are currently running Vista, and have no issues or need for legacy software, you don't need the XP mode imho.

As far as the backup stuff is concerned I'd save the money and buy into something like TrueImage (my personal favourite) once it gets released for Win 7.

My SoundCloud

Re: Windows 7 14 years, 10 months ago #5807

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
Yeah I didn't think any of the Pro features would be of any use to me - I'm currently running XP with no issues (I didn't even bother thinking about Vista. I ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Tool thing which checks your PC and sees if it will run Windows 7 and it will though I will need to upgrade my drivers for the Ethernet controller apparently. Also, it says I may have problems with Norton :s Hope not!

I think as part of Norton it can do a system backup thing anyway but any important files I need I'll just burn on a CD - it's not a problem to reinstall a few programs! So, do you think it's definately safe to go away and pre-order this just now?
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds