Tuesday, July 05, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

I vote for clearer grief rules.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: I vote for clearer grief rules.

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

I vote for clearer grief rules. 9 years ago #35054

  • Johannicus
  • OFFLINE
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
  • Posts: 1087
  • Karma: 6
As I understand it now you are not allowed to steal crops, but you can steal a whole building if you need the materials. But your not allowed to break other peoples creations. Its so contradicted its just plain confusing and impossible for us mods and admins to punish. The griefer only needs to say that they needed the materials and its all ok.

I vote that the griefing rules are like following:

Griefing is:

* You break blocks in someone elses creation, doesnt need to be claimed
* You claim over someones territory and then unclaim it to break stuff
* Destroy others creations

Allowed:

* Kill other players
* Steal from others chests, aslong as you dont break stuff to do it.
* Use tnt cannon to break a wall, not to destroy creations

Cause if we cant punish those that do wrong even thou the evidence are there, I will take it into my own hands and go Judge Dredd on every griefer I find and punish them in a way I see fitting. Its not abusing my powers, its my job as a Moderator to punish griefing with the tools I have. I am the law!

EDIT: As it is now ppl are leaving because they get griefed and the griefers gets away with it.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.
Last Edit: 9 years ago by Johannicus.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 9 years ago #35055

  • Lanfyr
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
I totaly agree with Johannicus.
I will go Dredd on the griefers aswell.

I wote for these new rules:

Griefing is:

* You break blocks in someone elses creation, doesnt need to be claimed
* You claim over someones territory and then unclaim it to break stuff
* Destroy others creations

Allowed:

* Kill other players
* Steal from others chests, aslong as you dont break stuff to do it.
* Use tnt cannon to break a wall, not to destroy creations

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 9 years ago #35056

Well i do see why this would be a good idea but here is why i dont agree.
1. if the base is claimed and has no door, you need to over claim it so you can break in to get stuff

2. Lets say someone built something out of diamond blocks, It in my opinion should be allowed to take it all because it is a very valuable block.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 9 years ago #35057

  • Johannicus
  • OFFLINE
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
  • Posts: 1087
  • Karma: 6
Minecraftwyatt01 wrote:
Well i do see why this would be a good idea but here is why i dont agree.
1. if the base is claimed and has no door, you need to over claim it so you can break in to get stuff

2. Lets say someone built something out of diamond blocks, It in my opinion should be allowed to take it all because it is a very valuable block.



1. Thats what TNT cannons are for.


2. People should be able to build with what they want. I think you mixup the word Raiding with Destroying, its not the same. Plus with the MMO mod diamonds are so damn easy to find they aint valuable anymore.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lanfyr

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35060

1. If you can claim over there land, why waste TNT.

2. I agree not to destroy peoples creations but if the creation has something of value in it, you should be allowed to take it. People should claim over there creations if they have something of value in it. that way it wont get raided as easily, and they should keep there power up so know one over claims it. But if it is not claimed and it has nothing of value, then it should be called griefing if they destroyed it.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35061

  • Johannicus
  • OFFLINE
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
  • Posts: 1087
  • Karma: 6
Minecraftwyatt01 wrote:
1. If you can claim over there land, why waste TNT.

2. I agree not to destroy peoples creations but if the creation has something of value in it, you should be allowed to take it. People should claim over there creations if they have something of value in it. that way it wont get raided as easily, and they should keep there power up so know one over claims it. But if it is not claimed and it has nothing of value, then it should be called griefing if they destroyed it.


If you are allowed to claim over others land, then whats the point for weaker factions to claim any land at all if its just gonna be overclaimed? If you dont want to waste your resources on raiding then dont raid, its that simple.

Minecraftwyatt01 wrote:
I agree not to destroy peoples creations

Glad you finaly agree with me.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35062

  • renadragon
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Posts: 43
  • Karma: 4
this is the thread we set up for rules we can just edit it a bit
www.twkgaming.com/forum/200-general-disc...83-server-rules.html

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35063

I said I agree not to destroy peoples creations, BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING OF VALUE IN IT, YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO TAKE IT. Next time don't leave that out.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35064

  • VooDoo
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
  • Posts: 739
  • Karma: 22
Minecraftwyatt01 wrote:
I said I agree not to destroy peoples creations, BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING OF VALUE IN IT, YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO TAKE IT. Next time don't leave that out.


But then comes the difficulty of determining what is valuable, To you gold may be valuable.. but to me its not at all valuable seeing as I have like 20 stacks of the stuff.. It's more complicated than simply saying whether things are valuable or not :/

Also the "Steal from others chests, aslong as you dont break stuff to do it." Well, you see.. that is not so simple either, say I were to hide a chest in a box of obsidian, raiders are simply not allowed to take the contents of that chest because they aren't allowed to break the blocks?

I think the rules need a re-think but some rules are extremely difficult to enforce in any way.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35065

  • Johannicus
  • OFFLINE
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
  • Posts: 1087
  • Karma: 6
VooDoo wrote:
Minecraftwyatt01 wrote:
I said I agree not to destroy peoples po+creations, BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING OF VALUE IN IT, YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO TAKE IT. Next time don't leave that out.


But then comes the difficulty of determining what is valuable, To you gold may be valuable.. but to me its not at all valuable seeing as I have like 20 stacks of the stuff.. It's more complicated than simply saying whether things are valuable or not :/

I think the rules need a re-think but some rules are extremely difficult to enforce in any way.


Exactly! If I make a castle out of goldblocks then its a creation and cant be destroyed, simple. But if I store them in a chest and someone take it from the chest its ok, because thats raiding.

VooDoo wrote:

Also the "Steal from others chests, aslong as you dont break stuff to do it." Well, you see.. that is not so simple either, say I were to hide a chest in a box of obsidian, raiders are simply not allowed to take the contents of that chest because they aren't allowed to break the blocks?


If you surround a chest with obsidian blocks on all sides its raid safe. Because the only way a raider can know its a chest in there is if they cheat or break your blocks. And both are not allowed.
So these rules are so simple to enforce it makes admin and moderator jobs easy and no more loopholes.

Minecraftwyatt01 wrote:

I said I agree not to destroy peoples creations, BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING OF VALUE IN IT, YOU SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO TAKE IT. Next time don't leave that out.

You rage at a joke?

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.
Last Edit: 8 years, 12 months ago by Johannicus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lanfyr
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds