New laptop
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New laptop

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

New laptop 14 years, 2 months ago #9550

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
My bro is after a new laptop; was wondering if anyone has any idea of what to go for at the moment?

He was looking at the i3 processors but I felt he might get more for your money going for one of the less new processors.

He wants it for DJ'ing (Ableton Live) so memory and processor are important. But he also wants it to look fairly nice aswell

I found this one last night ...

www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-15-5inch-Notebook-...752&sr=1-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or ..

www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-15-6-inch-Noteb...897&sr=1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

..both of which looked fairly good to me. Ignore the nuubish 1 star reviews, overall both good spec laptops. I'm assuming its 7 64-bit although it doesn't say.

Anyone got any other suggestions of good laptops or thoughts on best hardware deals at the moment or even what manafacturers you would trust with your dosh ?

Cheers!
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: New laptop 14 years, 2 months ago #9551

I have tired to kill my toshiba for almost 5 years its still going

i wudnt go acer friend of mine put me off

Re: New laptop 14 years, 2 months ago #9555

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
But maybe this is something?

[youtube:3k6bt256][/youtube:3k6bt256]

Or maybe its too expensive? I wish I could help more but laptop aint my field.

EDIT: realised it was one of the choices you where thinking about
So, yeah I would go with the Samsung, it seems good and looks good aswell.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: New laptop 14 years, 2 months ago #9557

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Found this laptop which looks promising ...

www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/653/860/-/13423511...archtype=genre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: New laptop 14 years, 2 months ago #9563

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
I won't spec this or that laptop, but the concept.

I have a vaio VGN-S5HP for 4 years, daily use around 10 hours sraight, and on vacations it goes 24x7 on and pushing.

Changed HD's 4 times because I felt to, ram also the same way and the fan cause it sounded like a diesel engine but mostly cause a mistake of me, everything else is stock.

I had a Toshiba Tecra for 5 years and it's still alive, it ran W95, p3-300Mhz

I had other brands for quite smaller periods, since I have laptops for about 15 years.

DS, if your brother is into sound, even a 486 DX40 would do what he wants, belive me, I know, so going a truckload of money for the new i7... IMHO is a complete waste of money, unless he is rich and doesn't give a shaite for dumping ££££ like there is no tomorrow, forget it otherwise.

Any current Sony or Toshiba laptop between 1000 and 2000 Euro will do him quite well and of course, windows 7 already, preferably home edition, MS is not away with the tradition of enterprise software having a little more "problems" than the standard regular user editions.

The price variation I meant above, floats around LCD size mainly, minimum for audio and video is 17'' wide, below this is a pain, I had an dual 30'' CRT screens on the professional audio editor and composer based on a 486DX40 with 128Mb

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds