Uploading problems with ESET antvirus
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Uploading problems with ESET antvirus

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Uploading problems with ESET antvirus 14 years, 4 months ago #8473

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
now its official my uploading problem was coz of ESET antivirus (ver 4)

problem: when uploading bar instantly reaches 100%. The file gets in ur RAM. Uploading continues in the background however no program can actually detect it (only way i found it to go into installed network and see usage there). If you close browser the RAM is still being used.

solution (for now): uninstalled eset, restarted, disabled and enabled the network card.

Re: Uploading problems with ESET antvirus 14 years, 4 months ago #8478

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
If you used avg free it wouldnt happen D

But good advise to who use it.
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Uploading problems with ESET antvirus 14 years, 4 months ago #8484

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Use Norton 12... "free" and very quiet AV to use, I've been using it since the V9 and never had a glitch with it.

Re: Uploading problems with ESET antvirus 14 years, 4 months ago #8486

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Norton is Symantec, a Company that creates programs NOT Windows Compatible

TBH the experience I have with Symantec AV is that it is a good AV, it works very well, if something goes wrong in the install or uninstall then you're done and will spend ages deleting registry keys and .exe's...

Not to mention their lovely upgrades to Veritas (or should I say Symantec Backup Exec), when they bought Veritas, the next upgrade was actually a downgrade from the Veritas platform...
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Uploading problems with ESET antvirus 14 years, 4 months ago #8489

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
VoGon wrote:
Norton is Symantec, a Company that creates programs NOT Windows Compatible

TBH the experience I have with Symantec AV is that it is a good AV, it works very well, if something goes wrong in the install or uninstall then you're done and will spend ages deleting registry keys and .exe's...

Not to mention their lovely upgrades to Veritas (or should I say Symantec Backup Exec), when they bought Veritas, the next upgrade was actually a downgrade from the Veritas platform...

That happens with "civillian" versions of norton AV (or symantec AV, whatever...) Symantec endpoint protection, the Norton corporate edition for vista and 7 are much more clean versions and underbloated, I have them in several computers (around 40) and never had a problem, email protection, file, custom scans if you have a Server to control the Av clients, very nice do administer and above all, requires no gymnicks to install, as in, no keys or hacks to run

Re: Uploading problems with ESET antvirus 14 years, 4 months ago #8490

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
But I keep my idea that Symantec is not windows compatible

Re: Uploading problems with ESET antvirus 14 years, 4 months ago #8492

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
been discussing the issue on belgian board.
someone contacted support and they said the problem should be solved in 4.2 which is coming out tomorrow, but it is beta.

i wonder if i will ever try to install norton again.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds