Black screen - Help?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Black screen - Help?

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Black screen - Help? 12 years, 9 months ago #25057

• kl3sh
  • Senior Boarder
Hey i was wondering if anyone on here could help me... i have a predicament which is rather annnoying to be quite honest with you.

My 22" Belinea B. monitor was working fine and all yesterday, then when i got back home, switched my pc back on, the monitor decided it wished to go to a black screen after 2 seconds, then after about 1 min, to do it again....

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it :/ I've been told it's something to do with the back light and not getting power or it has burntout, so i've changed power cables, isolated the power to one plug, changed Vga and digital and Hdmi cables, non work, get the same result, and later tried to hook up to my net book and the same thing happened; The screen flashed on for two seconds before going black.

There is something clearly wrong with the screen, can anyone offer any advice? :/

Thanks in advance....but im bordering on having to buy a new screen

Re: Black screen - Help? 12 years, 9 months ago #25058

• Liquid Snake
is it a plasma? if so it could be that the backlight has broken down ive had that with my old monitor had to be a new one coz there's no way in fixing it well there is but its just better to buy a new monitor :s

anyway best off luck

Re: Black screen - Help? 12 years, 9 months ago #25059

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
kl3sh wrote:
Hey i was wondering if anyone on here could help me... i have a predicament which is rather annnoying to be quite honest with you.

My 22" Belinea B. monitor was working fine and all yesterday, then when i got back home, switched my pc back on, the monitor decided it wished to go to a black screen after 2 seconds, then after about 1 min, to do it again....

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it :/ I've been told it's something to do with the back light and not getting power or it has burntout, so i've changed power cables, isolated the power to one plug, changed Vga and digital and Hdmi cables, non work, get the same result, and later tried to hook up to my net book and the same thing happened; The screen flashed on for two seconds before going black.

There is something clearly wrong with the screen, can anyone offer any advice? :/

Well my friend, It looks like something fried in your monitor and the only suggestion I have is call for warranty if it is less than 2 years.

If not, you could try to buy spares on ebay, but I would take it to someone with knowledge and identify the problem, if the backlight does not come up, two reasons, the backlight transformer blownup, "easy to fix" or the EL panel fried, when that happens, dispose of your monitor wisely and.. buy a new one.

Also on a last lucky resort, the input processor (the thingie that receives the pc signals) might have gone away (90% of the times, the input resistor fry, "easy to fix" get a new board on ebay".

In this last case, the monitor menu may still work if you press the menu button.

Hope this helps somehow.

Cheers

Re: Black screen - Help? 12 years, 9 months ago #25063

• kl3sh
  • Senior Boarder
Tunes wrote:
kl3sh wrote:

Well my friend, It looks like something fried in your monitor and the only suggestion I have is call for warranty if it is less than 2 years.

If not, you could try to buy spares on ebay, but I would take it to someone with knowledge and identify the problem, if the backlight does not come up, two reasons, the backlight transformer blownup, "easy to fix" or the EL panel fried, when that happens, dispose of your monitor wisely and.. buy a new one.

Also on a last lucky resort, the input processor (the thingie that receives the pc signals) might have gone away (90% of the times, the input resistor fry, "easy to fix" get a new board on ebay".

In this last case, the monitor menu may still work if you press the menu button.

Hope this helps somehow.

Cheers

Right thanks for the quick responses Yelling!!!! Well the monitor stays on for like 2seconds before cutting off for like a min, then back on for a few seconds, and the sam again. But when it's on i can go onto menu of the screen until the display switches off again :/ So i can access the screen monitor for like 2 secponds :S

So whow wouldi fix that, and does that apply to the last suggestion? And yeah i think its a plasma Would it be viable to get the board or should i just spring for a new monitor?

Again, cheers for the outstanding speedy reply !

EDIT: Its the "Belinea b.display 22" Black LCD" If it helps , not plasma
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by kl3sh.

Re: Black screen - Help? 12 years, 9 months ago #25064

• kl3sh
  • Senior Boarder
And if there's not a fix or its too expensive and not worth the hassle, what monitor would you recommend? I was thinking a 22" again, however a full HD one this time? What'd you think?

Re: Black screen - Help? 12 years, 9 months ago #25087

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, definitely you either got the EL panel power supply fried, so its up to you to open the monitor and try to find the board, some cheappo are all in one board (input processors, EL PSU and divider array), if you manage to find someone good with electroics, the high output transformer may be fixed with a new one.

And don't touch those things, they output a rather high voltage with very low (near zero) amperage.

New monitor, mostly anything on the samsung/LG/Sony/panasonic grounds are good.

Stay aways from HP! and other unknown brand stuff.

BTW, spending money, go for LED screens if you have a budget and contrast does matter to you.

Re: Black screen - Help? 12 years, 9 months ago #25092

• Liquid Snake
indeed stay away from hp monitors ive had the exact same problem as you got now klash with 2 monitors i had that they are completely horrible i got a simple samsung 19" screen now with 50000:1 dynamic contrast and its works like a charm

Re: Black screen - Help? 12 years, 9 months ago #25114

• kl3sh
  • Senior Boarder
That's much appriciated

I've got a plan......i get paid tomorrow, so i'll get a gfx card, and contnue iusing my 40" as a screen, then next month get paid again and get a monitor for like £120, a reallly nice onbe What'd you think ? Any advice on gfx cards? I have an ati atm, but they havent been too good to me... I.e. BC2..... so maybe a Gforce 460?
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds