(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Major CSS problem

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Major CSS problem 15 years, 3 months ago #2380

• slaB
  • Administrator
Hi,

Everytime I join this server in CSS, I have to redownload everything! (Sounds, Skins etc). It's like it's storing itself in a tempfolder and gets deleted when leaving the server.
And when it comes to downloading a costume map, it says it's missing, disconnecting.
Vista 32bit
sv_downloadurl is correct
sv_allowdownload 1
cl_downloadfilter all
I own the folder where the files are to be stored, and the permissions is correct too, in that folder.

Wtf is this? I have googled this, but no one seems to have solved this puzzle yet.

Re: Major CSS problem 15 years, 3 months ago #2385

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Err, first time I have heard about this mate...

Sorry but all you mention seems correct... so i would reinstall it? delete everything then reinstall, I know its a pain, but only option I can think of. I had another issue when i installed vista 64 for the first time, it would crash like hell, never got around to figuring the issue as I reintalled vista and steam and it went away.. sorry not to be able to help...
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Major CSS problem 15 years, 3 months ago #2401

• slaB
  • Administrator
SOLVED!

I just found out that my firewall, Outpost Personal Firewall Pro (worlds best firewall!) was blocking the option to write/edit files in my steamfolder. I haven't really thought about that, since I allowed it when I first started CSS/DODS/HL2, I have to click "Allow ALL activity" in settings. YAY!
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds