Thursday, May 02, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up!

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up! 13 years ago #19272

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Nice one Moo, however you should run hijackthis, temp files are a weird reason for delaying pings, as something is from he internet exploder (do use that?? geeez) and other completely different thing is something delaying the tcp/ip stack, and there, only trojans and alikes are able to make a fuss with the stack and make your system crawl.

Re: How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up! 13 years ago #19273

• Mr.Moo
  • Platinum Boarder
Supa wrote:
aah Waltz that sucks for you mate. But it is funny cause of the situation it happend in

hahaha :p
We shall see Supa, I'm gonna find a race that has a giant cookie for a skin then kill you with it.

Let's see you want some cookies now, b*tch. :p
Dude if you pick a race as a cookie I will freaking eat you alive before you can do anything. So that means like always ill pwn your ass again. How do you like that, b*tch!

hahahaha - What if the cookie has gone off?

Pooky: Could you make your topic titles more specific next time please ? I thought this was about CSS.
Mentoz: It's in the Minecraft thread...
Pooky: Balls D:

Pooky Failed.

Re: How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up! 13 years ago #19274

• Mr.Moo
  • Platinum Boarder
Tunes wrote:
Nice one Moo, however you should run hijackthis, temp files are a weird reason for delaying pings, as something is from he internet exploder (do use that?? geeez) and other completely different thing is something delaying the tcp/ip stack, and there, only trojans and alikes are able to make a fuss with the stack and make your system crawl.

I'll have a look for Hijackthis now, I use Google Chrome mainly with some added code of my own (mainly stripping facebook from its annoying poll's etc and my own ad blocker which I coded)

It is kinda strange though, how my pings fine now =/
I guess it could have been a lightweight trojan in the temps?

Pooky: Could you make your topic titles more specific next time please ? I thought this was about CSS.

Pooky Failed.

Re: How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up! 13 years ago #19282

• Supa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hug me!
Moo cookie or not Ill eat you alive anyway and you can't hide from that. Ill find you where ever you are. There is no stopping this.

Your so going down mate

Re: How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up! 13 years ago #19286

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Mr.Moo wrote:
Tunes wrote:

I'll have a look for Hijackthis now, I use Google Chrome mainly with some added code of my own (mainly stripping facebook from its annoying poll's etc and my own ad blocker which I coded)

It is kinda strange though, how my pings fine now =/
I guess it could have been a lightweight trojan in the temps?

Beware with hijackthis, it can many good as many harm to your system bootup and other stuff, I'm pretty sure you know your way around, just a heads up. Things I don't know that appear there, I google them up first.

There is something most people don't really know, but it just tends to delay the system bootup and cause no harm during regular work (or playing games) is the amount of fonts, above 1000, windows starts crawling on boot.

Re: How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up! 13 years ago #19287

• Mr.Moo
  • Platinum Boarder
hehe Ive no idea how many I have, I know i've installed 7 custom Fonts but thats about it :p (plus windows default) xD

Cheers for the heads up buddy ^.^

+1

Pooky Failed.

Re: How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up! 13 years ago #19304

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
havent used hijackthis for some time, but there are tons of forums with pro's where u can copy paste the result and they will tell if somethings up

nice tip Tunes. FOund out i have (only?) 242 on my win7

Re: How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up! 13 years ago #19305

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
liger wrote:
havent used hijackthis for some time, but there are tons of forums with pro's where u can copy paste the result and they will tell if somethings up

nice tip Tunes. FOund out i have (only?) 242 on my win7

Thats a regular amount of fonts, on the pc I use for design and stuff, I have around 800 high quality fonts (from an adobe package I "bought"Wink

Re: How to remove temp files / Speed your PC back up! 13 years ago #19306

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
you big spender, you
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds