Photography noob
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Photography noob

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Photography noob 14 years, 5 months ago #8100

• Gazza
  • Official TWK Admin
For a while now since ive been doing the photo manipulation, ive always wanted to get into some photography. Ive had a look at some HDR photography and the thoery behind it. Although when it comes to choosing my first camera/lenses im a bit stuck.

I dont have a specific price range although i wouldnt wanna spend too much money and then find its not the thing for me so yea any help at all i would be very grateful for

Re: Photography noob 14 years, 5 months ago #8102

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
The brand you will choose will stick with you because lenses arnt compatible with other brands, Canon lenses dont work with Nikon for example but old Canon lenses will work with newer cameras. So you will not change brand all of the sudden so choose wisely.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Photography noob 14 years, 5 months ago #8103

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
There's a useful thread here ..

<!-- l <a class="postlink-local" href="www.twkgaming.com/forum/index.php?f=59&a...iewtopic#p7833" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">index.php?f=59&t=2454&p=7833&hilit=camera&rb_v=viewtopic#p7833<!-- l

I'm still researching atm but I'm thinking the Sony DSLR Alpha 350 does look a good bet.
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&amp;background=random

Re: Photography noob 14 years, 5 months ago #8104

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Here we go

Well, all depends on what you really want to do, prosumer photography? here are a few choices:

Nikon D40X, 10Mp, lots of lenses to choose from.
Canon 500D, 15Mp, Like Nikon, lots os lenses to choose from
Sony Alpha 350 (now 380), these thing takes lenses from minolta, Konica and Sony.

Lenses is allways the problem to choose from, they will live longer years (ALOT) than your camera (whatever brand it is), so choosing a good lens is allways the place to put the bucks in, the camera itself... eh.. now is this, tommorow will be another one, but keep in mind, like Johannicus stated and trully, they are not interchangable beetwen brands with one exception... minolta/sony have adapters for other brands, of course adapters may not give the best results than a native bayonett, even more now with "intelligent" lenses, diaphragam motors and inbuilt steady shot.

Sony on lenses take the best bet, they can mount Carlz Zeis Vario Sonar lenses, believe me, my 350 looks another thing with one on, I have the lenses that came in the 350k package (cheap lenses) and a Zeiss is quite different (ALOT), however they cost like hell on earth, a simple 35-110mm goes around 1700eur (~1500£).

I'm into Sony for digital, some examples can be seen on my gallery.

Now it's just a matter of choice. Keep allways in mind, the camera body is "disposable" the lens aren't.

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds