Username Password: Remember me

Web design, halp plox!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Web design, halp plox!

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Web design, halp plox! 14 years, 10 months ago #5228

Hey guys,

designing a portfolio for a photographer friend of mine, I'm going to try and describe what I'm trying to do, please let me know if it confuses you at all!

Here is what I have so far: youarenotoriginal.co.uk/MarkForrerPhotography/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I want to do is: yfrog.com/0upagelayoutj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I want to keep a main side-bar (the one you see above) the same throughout the website, the only internal links are to sets of images (or albums of photos if you like). So I want to click a link such as "Summer Day Photoshoot" and this will cause said set of photos to appear in the main content. The menu will be in the same state of drop-down as it was before.

Will I have to use .php for this? If so are there any specific tutorials about this said task?

Once again any help is much appreciated! <3

--Saul.
Always going in for the kill; just doing it for the thrill.

Re: Web design, halp plox! 14 years, 10 months ago #5285

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
well, you can join joomla and gallery for that, its quite painless. I have the same setup for my site, will post url when ready, still under construction

Re: Web design, halp plox! 14 years, 10 months ago #5299

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Yeah, I'd have to say that Joomla does most of what is needed and can be used minimally or as much as you need with various plugins or modules.

Check out the new template from Gavick.

demo.gavick.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's called coolphoto - the background image is pretty naff (the clouds) but it can be changed in seconds (click the link at the very very bottom right (flowers) to see what I mean). It's an excellent base design for photo albums.

You can use Gallery or a number of other photo albums - the beauty is that the site can expand as needed as Joomla is quite scalable.
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&amp;background=random
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds