HELPPPP!!!!!!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: HELPPPP!!!!!!!!

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

HELPPPP!!!!!!!! 15 years, 4 months ago #1699

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
My Fps is failing miserably, theres no reason to explain it, no matter what i do with css grpahics it fails and stays near 14-18. i upgraded my drivers now it runs at about 25-35 fps ( the same as my old pieace of crap) any idea how i can increase it more, cheap options will be prefered but will contemplate more exspensive options...

HELP ME!!!!! plz xD
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228

Re: HELPPPP!!!!!!!! 15 years, 4 months ago #1700

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Um, what graphics card do you have and did you build the system yourself? Does this affect other games or just CS:S?
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: HELPPPP!!!!!!!! 15 years, 4 months ago #1701

• slaB
  • Administrator
Well, you have nVidia 7100 which is old and it runs on 64-bit memory interface (it's the memory speed, which is quite low).
But have you done following in console?

fps_max 300 (or 100/200).
cl_updaterate 100
cl_cmdrate 100
rate 25000

You have lowered the resolution and graphics ingame?
And remember to deactivate Blooming in options, also Anti Aliasing.

Found some on Google:

You will need to make a file in "counter-strike source/cstrike/cfg/" named autoexec.cfg. Open this file with notepad or whatever and add these commands:

r_3dsky 0
turns off some of the 3d objects looming in the sky. This is currently considered a cheat for unknown reasons, thus will only work in your servers until its fixed. Major fps boost. Little gfx loss

r_shadows 0
One thing im sad to say is....shadows in HL2 suck. Well at least in CSS. Until they fix this, itll look better without em. Major fps boost. Little gfx improvement

cl_smooth 0
Not much is known about this command except that it lowers fps when enabled(which is default). Ive played with this on and off and theres no gfx difference at all. Moderate FPS boost. No gfx loss.

cl_phys_props_enable 0
BIG help! This removes the smaller junk items that choke your cpu for processing. Items like tires, barrels, crates, and all the important stuff stay. Huge fps improvement. Less clutter.

GL HF

Re: HELPPPP!!!!!!!! 15 years, 4 months ago #1710

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
Um, what graphics card do you have and did you build the system yourself? Does this affect other games or just CS:S?

nvidia geforce 7100, no wa already built just css, supreme commander runs fine , and that is much more demanding.
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228

Re: HELPPPP!!!!!!!! 15 years, 4 months ago #1732

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
eskimo wrote:

nvidia geforce 7100, no wa already built just css, supreme commander runs fine , and that is much more demanding.

supreme commander is much more demanding on high settings

try running css in dx8 mode or even dx7 mode and u should see a big speed jump
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds