Image Editing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Image Editing

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Image Editing 13 years, 8 months ago #13949

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Was unsure if I should post this here or in the hardware/software bit but you're all talking about crazy hax0r internet speeds over there so I decided I'd stay away from there with my less that 1Mb/s dowloand AND Upload speeds.

I've got a few drawings I've done, some that need work or finishing, others just need downright burning. However seeing a few of the images people are creating/editing/colouring/whatever has inspired me to want to do something similar. So with that I'm going to start drawing again! Although everything I've done has been penicl work only, only time a computer was involved was to scan it in and post it on the interwebz.

I want to start giving my images some colour (tried it by hand, scanner did not like that one little bit... Result was one of my best pics looked like utter crap) and so I wondered if anyone could help me find an image editor that I would be able to colour images and possibly even do some crazy stuff like trying my hand at banners and stuff. I looked at photoshop but am unsure as to what some of the features are for, or even if I'd be using most of the features, and I sure as hell don't wanna go spending several hundred quid to end up not using much of it!

Re: Image Editing 13 years, 8 months ago #13950

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Well you have a free photoshop alike called GIMP, search it on google and download.

Then there are tons of tuts on the interwebz that show you how to do some really cool stuff on photoshop. Try GIMP out, does most that photoshop does but named differently.

A good website to start would be psd.tutsplus.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Image Editing 13 years, 8 months ago #13953

paint.net is another free "photoshop" like program

Re: Image Editing 13 years, 8 months ago #13954

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
I think its what you need right here...

psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/drawing/quick...ith-photoshop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Image Editing 13 years, 8 months ago #13957

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
Also google offers free photoshop.

BTW: try taking a picture of ur painting, might be better quality than ur scanner
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds