Photoshop CS5 sneak peak
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Photoshop CS5 sneak peak

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Photoshop CS5 sneak peak 14 years, 1 month ago #10528

• slaB
  • Administrator
A new feature in the CS5 version, it is truly TRULY amazing! Can't really believe what it does at the end of the preview...*****ing hell

[youtube:1gwlo4i6][/youtube:1gwlo4i6]
(Might be a bit better if you actaully watch this on youtube, and maximize the video)

Re: Photoshop CS5 sneak peak 14 years, 1 month ago #10534

• dnZOr
  • Senior Boarder
Bloody hell that would be soooo usefull... the amount of times ive tried to remove things but never been able to get wat was behind it put in properly.

Re: Photoshop CS5 sneak peak 14 years, 1 month ago #10544

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, all of the things I saw there, its "common" work for me, and its true, area and pixel manipulation is very time consuming, and in 5 minutes he really did the starting work, something an regular (like me) would like around 30 to 1 hour to do the same manually.

However, I had to watch it closely, the content aware feature does automatically what I would do to (for example) complete the pano, is somwthing I've been working recently, and hand shoot panoramas end up like that one, twisted and stuff.

I at shooting time, tend to overuse the panoramic space, resulting in lots of image I really don't want to use.

To complete a pictura like that, usually I do it with vectors (bezier) to modify pixel so they blend in the edge, and that exactly the same tool there, but only a few 20 minutes faster than manually.

To remove lens flare is very easy manually, just copy the hue, low and high alpha (greys) from the surrounding area, it takes 1 to 5 minutes to do.

The tree removal is somewhat tricy manually, using clone tools (like removing the posts), manually is a complete pain...

Yeah, its a very cool feature, maybe taking advantage of AI developments.

Re: Photoshop CS5 sneak peak 14 years, 1 month ago #10596

• dnZOr
  • Senior Boarder
I See you've stated things like

To complete a pictura like that, usually I do it with vectors (bezier) to modify pixel so they blend in the edge, and that exactly the same tool there, but only a few 20 minutes faster than manually.

and

To remove lens flare is very easy manually, just copy the hue, low and high alpha (greys) from the surrounding area, it takes 1 to 5 minutes to do.

Saying it as if it "Only" takes this long, and this new feature isnt so great. But, hes just done those things in a matter of seconds. where as manually it really does take forever compared... even not compared to this it can be a bore and gets boring. i praise this new feature as it's just going to make things alot easier and leave time for other things that more often than not you'd have to come back to because you've just not enough time left.

Re: Photoshop CS5 sneak peak 14 years, 1 month ago #10604

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
You should have read my post, its a cool feature, it really does save lots of time doing those type of image editing.

I could have edited that picture and do the same in around 2 hours, while he done it in 5 minutes, i'm not blind,in fact I do image manipulation even before photoshop existed, using Xfield dedicated image manipulation hardware, it was around 20 years ago.

So I do know what is a really cool feature, and this is really cool, saves truckloads of time.

Re: Photoshop CS5 sneak peak 14 years, 1 month ago #10620

• dnZOr
  • Senior Boarder
ahhh ok sorry must of missread xD u know any release date for this ?

Re: Photoshop CS5 sneak peak 14 years ago #10674

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
dnZOr wrote:
ahhh ok sorry must of missread xD u know any release date for this ?

I would like to know this aswell if anyone knows..

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Photoshop CS5 sneak peak 14 years ago #10675

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
afaik there is no release date yet.

Re: Photoshop CS5 sneak peak 14 years ago #10678

• dnZOr
  • Senior Boarder
Ok )

Re: Photoshop CS5 sneak peak 14 years ago #10716

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin