Red Dwarf Is Back
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Red Dwarf Is Back

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Red Dwarf Is Back 15 years ago #3396

• Jack Frost
  • Gold Boarder
It's been almost 10 years but finally... Red Dwarf is back!!! I'm so exited, all six nipples are tingling!

WARNING WARNING WARNING ORANGE ALERT ORANGE ALERT ORANGE ALERT ORANGE

There will be spoilers so caution is advised!!!

So, what did you think? I quite liked it - the scene in the diving bell was genious and had me rolling on the floor like the good old Red Dwarf - especially Rimmer in the foreground jiving away while the others are fighting for their lives!!! (Incidently, old 1970's film alert - Warlords of Atlantis Ripoff or what!?!?)

The cast are looking good - Cat in particular doesn't seem to have aged a day. Only Rimmer looks noticeably older but Chris Barrie soon slips back into the old, familiar Smeghead we love to hate.

No Holly is a bummer. No Kochanski is a blessing. New Russian Science chick, hmmm... not sure yet.

No canned laughter - surprisingly jarring at first but think I preferred it - made some of the subtler gags work better.

Music - the old familiar. Fantastic!

Great references to past episodes - but what happened at the end of the Series 8 cliffhanger? (No explanation given, oh well...) )

Special effects - Wow! Dave! You do have some money after all - but what the hell is going on with that no warning, sudden interruption of an Ad break?

Coming soon - the Crew visit Coronation Street (shudder)and their seems to be some sort of Blade Runner homage judging from the trailers.

So, all in all, a good (if not classic) start and a welcome return... but can it last over the next two episodes???

Re: Red Dwarf Is Back 15 years ago #3397

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Jack Frost wrote:
No Kochanski is a blessing.

HOW VERY DARE YOU ....

Jack Frost wrote:
No canned laughter - surprisingly jarring at first but think I preferred it - made some of the subtler gags work better.

Yeah, I think in the end it did work, for me also. I'm not sure what the general reaction to it will be but I loved it.

Jack Frost wrote:
Great references to past episodes - but what happened at the end of the Series 8 cliffhanger? (No explanation given, oh well...) )

Something else I noticed - they might allure to it in the next episodes?! It's like Red Dwarf 8 never happened - which is actually great as I didn't like the plot much.

I really rated it - can't wait until tonight. Effects were really nice.

Nice one, Dave.
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Red Dwarf Is Back 15 years ago #3401

• Jack Frost
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry, D.S. me old Chinah, but if you're gonna have Kochanski you gotta have Claire Grogan.

Gregory's Girl FTW!!!

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds