Thursday, May 16, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8074

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
liger wrote:
dedi servers aside, why buy console version?

Simple, console development is easyer than pc, so, game will be somewhat a few bucks less, there is no gain on the pc version, besides from resolution options and the use of a mouse. consoles are also cheaper for gamers and have bigger market than pc games (not me, I only have a WII).

For me, neither is an option.

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8075

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
I do understand something about consiles mate,

Its all about game quality. Unfortunately the pc versions have far more quality than console ones when you have a gaming pc but consoles give you the warranty that you will play the game no matter what. Not like pc versions that you buy and then find out you need a better graphics card to play it.

So that is why I feel console versions win.

I'm a die hard pc fan and cant play fps on consoles (I have tried Halo 1 and 2 and ended up playing them on PC finding it so much easier than in console) but the truth is that, you buy GTA4 and you play it no matter what, not like PC version where you end up playing with no detail or with worst resolution just cause u need to adapt to your hardware.
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8076

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
it's not that - i could easily play MW2 on max settings - only reason I bought the 360 version is because my friends have it for their 360 as well so we can play together. If they had the PC version then I would've bought the PC version

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8078

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Luckie wrote:
it's not that - i could easily play MW2 on max settings - only reason I bought the 360 version is because my friends have it for their 360 as well so we can play together. If they had the PC version then I would've bought the PC version

I'm sure you have an ideia that we belong to around... 0.01% of the world gaming community, having advanced GPU's to play all currect games full settings with high resolutions?

Exactly the way your friends are going, is the same way activision wants to...

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 5 months ago #8139

• Demonic
  • Gold Boarder
just bought it, and it works fairly well without dedi servers
The only annoying part is when the host leaves
Add me on steam if u wanna play some
"Demonic89" is my steam name
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
~Bertrand Russell

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 5 months ago #8151

• HBW
  • Expert Boarder
Well, it looked good so I 'got' a copy. The special ops missions are pretty good, it all plays quite nicely and it does look tasty. I think if i'd paid 40quid for it i'd maybe be a little disappointed but it is a good game. Haven't given the campaign a whizz yet, bit busy atm but it was worth getting.

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 5 months ago #8156

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
campaign's the best bit of it
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds