Thursday, May 16, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8019

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Ok, fine, its a permanent dead game, prolly will glue around a bit, but it will suck like hell.

For start, even with high latency tolerance, so only people with "decent" internet connections will host something that SUCKZ bandwith like hell and even worse, is streamed, streams take quite a beating on ISP's charges, as the so called 95th percentile.

Ok, torrent, emule and alikes, do not stream really as lag means nothing on those type of transfer.

I believe around 90% of the internet in europe does have traffic shapping and rate limiting (ammount of streams).

For example, our ISP's in portugal, rate limit goes from 10 to 40 data streams and averages around 20, so having 18 streams on your isp connection will messup even a ping.

Yeah, I was felling like saying technically, that game sucks soo much, will prolly enter the next internet fiasco.

From the social point of view, is a complete killer.

Wasn't really going to take a look at it anyway, but I sorrow for those who followed it over the years and ran communities like ours arount it.

It cannot be compared with wow or alike mmorpg in any way, those have proprietary servers and allow control to clan leaders on quests and whatever playes there (I don't play wow... safa), not going into addons and stuff the game allows.

It will be a born dead. Hope everyone take it as a lesson of what is sooo wrong with internet gaming.

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8042

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
While id is still deciding exactly what the multiplayer component of Rage will entail, the studio has said that the shooter is unlikely to support dedicated servers on PC.

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8044

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
Well this has pretty much sealed the deal for me - I will get this game on the 360 (SORRY I KNOW IT'S CONSOLE!!!).

The only factor that was really making me want the PC version was dedi servers that add variety to the game. I was torn between console and PC version but now I've made up my mind.

All my friends will be playing on the 360 and so I may as well buy the 360 version to play with them - especially if the PC version will be exactly the same as the console version (near enough - there aren't even any console commands - I spend so long in the console in CSS!)

Now I guess I've just done exactly what IW want me to do - buy the console version. Now I have to pay an extra tenner for the same game but without mouse and keyboard controls (I love my mouse and keyboard!) just so Microsoft can get their licensing money from IW for letting them publish on their platform. Bad times.

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8046

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
Luckie wrote:

All my friends will be playing on the 360 and so I may as well buy the 360 version to play with them

iz u sayin we arent ur friends?
especially if the PC version will be exactly the same as the console version (near enough - there aren't even any console commands - I spend so long in the console in CSS!)

Linux, meet Luckie
Luckie, meet Linux

Boy oh boy, will this companies be dissapointment when even more ppl pirate their stuff. I mean ppl HAD to buy to play online. Now freedom will mean playing on pirated/cracked(open) servers. ANd the new shit-wave about piracy will come.

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8052

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
well im off to asda at midnight tonight to get this game - my friend said it's going for £32 so ill get it while it's cheap!

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8060

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
I'm gutted as I really would like to play this.

I could get it on PS3 but I'd really want it for PC - most fps's for my console end up gathering dust.

Do you think a couple of patches down the line they might add in the options for dedi's??
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8063

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
DreamState wrote:
I'm gutted as I really would like to play this.

I could get it on PS3 but I'd really want it for PC - most fps's for my console end up gathering dust.

Do you think a couple of patches down the line they might add in the options for dedi's??

Not really

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8064

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Tunes wrote:
Not really

X2

Dont really think mate. I know it would be good for the community to have them, but if they havent backed up from what they decided to do even though there is a massive movement online against it not really sure they will later on...
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8065

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
not a chance

it doesn't make much commercial sense to support dedi servers if they don't have to.

IW/Activision are clearly aiming towards the more lucrative console market.

Re: Are they serious?? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 14 years, 6 months ago #8073

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
dedi servers aside, why buy console version?
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds