Mass Effect 3
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mass Effect 3

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Mass Effect 3 12 years, 1 month ago #31815

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
So... The games been out for a while now, I played through without a previous save only to find Tali unromanceable like that (24 hours of gameplay) so went to download an ME2 save that had everything done the same as I had done on my xbox version, and started again!

Now am 21:44 into the game and nowhere near where I was cus I've been doing more side missions ect lol

Anyway to the point... What does everyone think? I've got nowhere near finishing yet
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
so I'll hold back most of my views till then. I will say one thing however.... Mass Effect Relays... Where the hell did the awesome sound from ME1 go!?!? Now it has this epic build up only to dissapoint people with a small 'poof'

I think Peter Griffin would put it like this:

NEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH poof
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Che ken.

Re: Mass Effect 3 12 years, 1 month ago #31819

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Well one writer wrote ME1, he then co-wrote ME2 with another guy. Then he quit Bioware and the new guy had to write ME3. I played the game thru once and started on my second one then I put the game aside. Of all Bioware games this is the game I have played the least, even less than DA2..

--SPOILERS---

I think the story isnt as good in this game as in previous, it feels like the same mission is done over and over. You only lose former team members, never really current members. The action feels better and I love the weapon and skill combos you can do, but combat feels very short and then you are back on the ship and have to listen to that damn debriefing wich you cant skip dialog in. I never really understood that galactic readyness bar and to be able to get the best possible outcome you have to play multiplayer

I liked the Matrix/Deus Ex endings but I dont like that they are almost identical in how it ends..

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Mass Effect 3 12 years, 1 month ago #31822

• tcrumpen
  • Senior Boarder
Che ken wrote:
So... The games been out for a while now, I played through without a previous save only to find Tali unromanceable like that (24 hours of gameplay) so went to download an ME2 save that had everything done the same as I had done on my xbox version, and started again!

Now am 21:44 into the game and nowhere near where I was cus I've been doing more side missions ect lol

Anyway to the point... What does everyone think? I've got nowhere near finishing yet
so I'll hold back most of my views till then. I will say one thing however.... Mass Effect Relays... Where the hell did the awesome sound from ME1 go!?!? Now it has this epic build up only to dissapoint people with a small 'poof'

I think Peter Griffin would put it like this:

NEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH poof

Mass Effect 3 in pure awesomeness, completed in 4 days (no lifed it :รพ) endings suck, but the multiplayer is brilliant, story is still as good as ever romance scenes are still annoyingly cut

Re: Mass Effect 3 12 years, 1 month ago #31823

• Nemx
  • Gold Boarder
Noticed this game and downloaded a demo of number 3, but then i am now going to buy 2 and play that first before 3.

Re: Mass Effect 3 12 years, 1 month ago #31844

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Story is alright but the whole side quest thing gets repetetive and boring. That added with the really bad endings and it starts to fall apart

Multiplayer I found boring. 25 minute rounds of wave survival to give you a whopping 5-8% extra readiness which then pretty much vanishes if you don't play multiplayer for 12 hours.
5 maps? 3 difficulties? 3 enemies? 1 game type? Great amount of choice you got there!

---***WARNING: SPOILERS***---

Endings I give a 1/10

Why a 1? Well sheperd CAN survive... If you no life multiplayer that is
So you meet the controller who wants the reapers to win, yet it still gives you three options, all of which stop the reapers... ummm stop right there... you want them to win no? So why give me a choice at all?

Anyway, 3 choices.
1. Destroy reapers, Mass Relay's blow up each creating a supernova (see ME2 DLC) and destroying that part of the galaxy, completing what the reapers came to do with extra overkill.
2. Control reapers, Mass Relay's blow up each creating a supernova (see ME2 DLC) and destroying that part of the galaxy, completing what the reapers came to do but not killing them in process.
3. Merge everything together, Mass Relay's blow up each creating a supernova (see ME2 DLC) and destroying that part of the galaxy, completing what the reapers came to do.

Hmmm so what your really saying is I can end the galaxy in whatever colour I want as long as it's red, green or blue?

Now here comes the other stupid bits... When the hell did Joker run away? He's in a fight for the galaxy and then suddenly in the middle of a Mass Relay jump?

What about afterwards? If you choose destroy or control then the team you were using at the end (supposedly meant to be dead, not taking into account the Mass Relays killing everything) appear in the Normandy AS WELL! Wait... They were with me just a second ago... How the? Beam Shepard up as well then why don't you!?

Story

I played through one scene with several teams to find some unique chatter between the three of us. It was quite amusing. Liara was my ME relationship, Tali my ME2 relationship. Re-kindle Tali and go to the geth ship with those two and you start flirting with Tali right in Liara's face before EDI points out the obvious... Comedy gold and one of the very few entertaining bits I found to ME3.

As Johan said, you lose people from previous games and nothing more... If you go renegade plus save geth then you end up killing Wrex and Mordin, Tali commits suidide, Legion gives his life to make geth smart, Miranda dies because you didn't tell her anything, Thane dies because of his disease and you just pretty much laugh in his face about it, Kaiden/Ashley try to stop you from shotting Udina (I've not done renegade but I assume you can have the option to shoot them).

If you go ultra paragon + pushed for ceasefire in past ME games then only Mordin, Thane and Legion die. Still tho Thane gets an awesome fight with an assassin, Legion gives his life to give the geth souls (pretty much) and mordin saves the krogan. You? You don't get seen doing jack all by anyone and end up wiping out the galaxy!

Extra

Anyone interested might like to take a look at an ending concept that I myself find brilliant, tho if Bioware implement it I'd be very surprised (even tho it MAKES SENSE)
social.bioware.com/poll.php?user=1183972&poll_id=29101

Right well I won't be playing ME3 again... I'll make do with my Tali love on ME2 which showed more than it did in ME3.

P.S. Think you've probably guessed I wasn't impressed
Deus Ex endings with re-used animations are NOT the way to end the Mass Effect series
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Che ken.

Re: Mass Effect 3 12 years, 1 month ago #31845

• Nemx
  • Gold Boarder
Just playing ME2 atm, not to far in atm but seems like a good game

Re: Mass Effect 3 12 years, 1 month ago #31849

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Yeah ME2 was by far the best imo (first to have Tali relationship after all :p)

I'm going to play through ME3's ending again
and write a story based on another ending concept given by an ME fan that pretty much EVERYONE on the bioware forums said was the best ending they could possibly ask for (except the... 5 or so people that believe in the singularity theory)
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds