(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: So...Guildwars 2 Smile

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: So...Guildwars 2 Smile 12 years, 7 months ago #26705

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Well I never played GW1. Only got into MMORPG's not that long ago (a couple of years maybe) and I was never willing to pay for one. However, GW2 seems very good and I would gladly pay for it. The only thing that annoys me is ones where you have to pay monthly, since I don't play them all the time it would be a waste of money for me, that's what I like about GW2, because it's a 1-time buy and play when you like.

Also, i've heard that half of GW2 is set underwater, so you have your set of skills, then these skills will slightly, if not completely, change to compensate for being underwater. You also get a helmet which allows you to breath underwater (so it doesn't make underwater battles tedious because you have to keep popping up to get air). This is quite and interesting innovation, and if they pull it off, it will do very well.

Looking forward to it, just gotta get the money.

^ Pro review FTW

Re: So...Guildwars 2 Smile 12 years, 7 months ago #26707

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
Chifilly wrote:
Well I never played GW1. Only got into MMORPG's not that long ago (a couple of years maybe) and I was never willing to pay for one. However, GW2 seems very good and I would gladly pay for it. The only thing that annoys me is ones where you have to pay monthly, since I don't play them all the time it would be a waste of money for me, that's what I like about GW2, because it's a 1-time buy and play when you like.

Also, i've heard that half of GW2 is set underwater, so you have your set of skills, then these skills will slightly, if not completely, change to compensate for being underwater. You also get a helmet which allows you to breath underwater (so it doesn't make underwater battles tedious because you have to keep popping up to get air). This is quite and interesting innovation, and if they pull it off, it will do very well.

Looking forward to it, just gotta get the money.

^ Pro review FTW

agreed lol, monthly subscriptions sucks the big balls £120 a year for a game!!
GIMP!!!

Re: So...Guildwars 2 Smile 12 years, 7 months ago #26708

• Hunter
  • Gold Boarder
  • Hello!
I'm not playing down either series - I played WoW, and I loved it, but I did get bored of it, and now the idea of starting a new character again does not appeal to me....
I think GW1 was pretty good though. apart from the jumping, yeah. but it did have a nice quality about it, and the graphics were good.
GW2 is supposed to be very different from the first though. They are introducing many new featues that should make it awesome!!

Also - yeah, I have a friend who really wants to play SW:ToR, so that will prob be good too

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: So...Guildwars 2 Smile 12 years, 6 months ago #28066

Imo, SW:TOR looks absolutely terrible, it seems to have the same downfall of Duke Nukem: It's been too long in development. It will show, and the gameplay, mechanics and classes just look silly. Who would pick a Gunner over a damn Jedi? SW is just not the right style for MMO, but if they pull it off, there will be high-fives for the team... but I doubt it.

Guildwars 2 looks intense though, anyone seen the electro-dragon gameplay? Looks soo damn good. I really hope it brings a new light to the repetitive WoW copy styles, like what SW:TOR is trying to do... but in a good way

Re: So...Guildwars 2 Smile 12 years, 6 months ago #28075

• Xenophobe
  • Junior Boarder
just give it to me pronto!

... In a serious matter, the feature i am looking forward to the most is the possibility to jump T_T

Re: So...Guildwars 2 Smile 12 years, 6 months ago #28080

• Liquid Snake
Xenophobe wrote:
just give it to me pronto!

... In a serious matter, the feature i am looking forward to the most is the possibility to jump T_T

thats the first thing i asked myself when i heard it got announced lol *can i frigging jump or?*
ive seen some gameplay vids about it must say graphic wise it looks absolutely amazing altough the movement always bothered me with gw1 (reason i quit in the first place and well because it just felt so damn grindy and solo)

hey atleast it doesnt look like some WoW copy.. (i actually play WoW and still love it ) in the way rift does because ive played a trail on that and it just felt like a complete copy of WoW lols

but anyways it seems interesting might get it to try it out

and for SW:ToR completely agreed with peanuts comment on it
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds