(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: We need a minecraft section!

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

We need a minecraft section! 13 years, 6 months ago #14611

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
There I said it okay!

Sounds as if we might be getting a community server, and it also looks as if plenty of people are interested in this constantly evolving sandbox of wonder that can stretch for all eternity (I litterally ran across the map for 3 hours, almost getting killed several times thanks to annoying skeletons and did not see an end to the map, more just generated infront of me!)

So why not? We could have competitions (like who can make the most interesting base, the most elaborate base, the most realistic looking building using only survival mode etc), make vids of our worlds and amaze each other with our creativity, give tips on creating a more 'homely' feel to the world or just give tips on creating something like a castle.

Much better than if we were to spam up to gaming section which I can see this doing with it's popularity

Re: We need a minecraft section! 13 years, 6 months ago #14620

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
I've been in the works for having two minecraft servers, one classic (the creative one) and an alpha one, I'm working on the plugins to manage the server and avoid certain plain people stupidity (griefers)

We can surf on the wave of this infinite sandbox game and it will for sure evolve a lot more.

And yes che, the map generation is really infinite.

Re: We need a minecraft section! 13 years, 6 months ago #14623

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Right then! I'll just give up finding a nice spawn point, I'll build a small base of operations, try getting some iron, torches, a few shovels etc and make my way out into the world! If only there was a way to remember the way I go...

Oh that reminds me, I've started construction on a floating home in one of my worlds

My bridge of destiny. It goes to monster island (creepers are there by the shed load along with loads of zombies, I once had 2 creepers a zombie, 2 spiders and 3 skellies running after me on this tiny little island! Skellies started shooting each other, killing the spiders. Zombie and skellies then burnt to death and the creepers I tried (and failed) to melee, killing the spider and almost me lol), through the middle of it and out the other end to another continent. If I can get a free video programme and then figure out how to get it onto youtube I'll show you guys one day

Re: We need a minecraft section! 13 years, 6 months ago #14624

• AL Azif
  • Official TWK Admin
i smell addiction

Re: We need a minecraft section! 13 years, 6 months ago #14627

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
The patch notes for the new patch:

notch.tumblr.com/post/1243370641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: We need a minecraft section! 13 years, 6 months ago #14629

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
AL Azif wrote:
i smell addiction

What else is there to do with no bloody steam! I guess assignments... but that can wait for weekends

Johannicus wrote:
The patch notes for the new patch:

notch.tumblr.com/post/1243370641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ohh I can't wait, gotta figure out how to make lanterns really quickly when that comes out

Perhaps it's a torch inside 4 or 8 steel bars

Re: We need a minecraft section! 13 years, 6 months ago #14631

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Oh yeah!!

Read about it just before this post Awesome new things to play with

I'm dealing with train stations and stuff gotta make a video

Re: We need a minecraft section! 13 years, 6 months ago #14633

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
I think when we launch the TWK servers we should have this vid on the front page:

[youtube:1eerej1a][/youtube:1eerej1a]

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: We need a minecraft section! 13 years, 6 months ago #14636

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
That's cheating, we should make one ourselves, it won't look as epic but it will at least be original
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 1.30 seconds