OMG, SLAB CHEATER?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: OMG, SLAB CHEATER?

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

OMG, SLAB CHEATER? 13 years, 9 months ago #13268

• slaB
  • Administrator
Got banned from Call of Duting due to "cheating" and I couldn't not access any COD server at all. And I got the nice ban notification on my Steam profile... I believe most friends believed me when I said I didn't cheat and I appriciate that a lot
I sent a complaint to Activition but I got turned down quite fast and I raged at them...
So yesterday, something strange happened, I played TF2 and when I exited it, a window saying "Share L4D2 with somebody" popped up and I'm like wtf...? So I gave the version so Gary <3 and didn't bother thinking more about it.

TODAY IN MAH INBOX ON OUTLOOK YA'LL:
Hello,

Recently, your Steam account was erroneously banned from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

This was our mistake, and I apologize for any frustration or angst it may have caused you.

The problem was that Steam would fail a signature check between the disk version of a DLL and a latent memory version. This was caused by a combination of conditions occurring while Steam was updating the disk image of a game. This wasn't a game-specific mistake. Steam allows us to manage and reverse these erroneous bans (about 12,000 erroneous bans over two weeks).

We have reversed the ban, restoring your access to the game. In addition, we have given you a free copy of Left 4 Dead 2 to give as a gift on Steam, plus a free copy for yourself if you didn't already own the game.

To share your extra copy of Left 4 Dead 2 with a friend, you can 'Manage Gifts and Guest Passes' from the 'Games' Menu in Steam, or visit this article on the Steam Support site for detailed instructions: support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?...4502-TPJL-2656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
To access your own copy of Left 4 Dead 2, visit your library of games in Steam. If you didn't already own the game, it will now be listed among your others there, and is available for download immediately.
Regards,
Gabe Newell
President, Valve

Re: OMG, SLAB CHEATER? 13 years, 9 months ago #13270

• Tin
  • Official TWK Admin
pwnt
I am the tart of TWK, accept no subsitute!!

Re: OMG, SLAB CHEATER? 13 years, 9 months ago #13271

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Wow. From the president no less D

Glad that's sorted m8
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&amp;background=random

Re: OMG, SLAB CHEATER? 13 years, 9 months ago #13272

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG HAAAAAXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111oneoneoneoneone

CAN I HAS L4D2?
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: OMG, SLAB CHEATER? 13 years, 9 months ago #13273

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Bet that one made you swet a bit

And for a very rare moment, valve did assumed something.

Re: OMG, SLAB CHEATER? 13 years, 9 months ago #13275

• slaB
  • Administrator
I thought it was a crack or a trainer for another game (stored on external HDD) that caused the ban. I also thought it was because I have played on servers infused with cheat, but I read that this was impossible... They thought they would rid the game of cheaters by making the serversystem as it is, but it's just as many cheaters on this crap system compared to dedicated server.

Re: OMG, SLAB CHEATER? 13 years, 9 months ago #13279

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
so to get a free copy of L4D i need to become a cheater like slab

interesting...

Re: OMG, SLAB CHEATER? 13 years, 9 months ago #13286

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
LOL, Slab, they finally caught you and now the are revoking your punishment lol, haha. xD
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds