(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blizzard messes up Battlenet 2.0

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Blizzard messes up Battlenet 2.0 13 years, 11 months ago #12003

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
FFS OMG WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!

What are these people at blizzard?!??!?!
[youtube:xv7uv4sd][/youtube:xv7uv4sd]

Re: Blizzard messes up Battlenet 2.0 13 years, 11 months ago #12004

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
BTW, I will cancel my preorder of sc2... if blizzard decides to follow the things this guys talks about.

Re: Blizzard messes up Battlenet 2.0 13 years, 11 months ago #12006

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Blizzard is one of those companies that listen to fans so Im pretty sure they will change some of those crazy ideas. BUT Im also sure that this will be a MW2 thing. Even thou ppl rage at the things they do wrong they still buy the game. And if you do that they wont listen.

I will still buy SC2, because Im buying it for the singleplayer mainly. But I do agree on the multiplayer aspects being wrong. I thought they would try to make something similar to steam but I guess they aint. I hope they listen to the fans.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Blizzard messes up Battlenet 2.0 13 years, 11 months ago #12011

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, if they continue path they are taking now, blizzard enter the hall of fame for money greedy companies (only)

I won't buy it for single player either if things go this way, for single player i'll just.. pirate it, its a lot cheaper as the the game won't count for anything else after being dealt it.

don't get me wrong, I do collect games and have all blizzard orginal games and collector edtions, except one. But I do play diablo2 still today, I love to go around a bit and deal with some caves and stuff online only, I don't play diablo single player.

In fact, I never played any blizzard game singleplayer.

But I'm a hot blood gamer and also Latin, and my solution is, boycott Blizzard and hack all their servers worldwide.

I can't stand these new money milking only game factories, I know i'm a 36 year old gamer and seen the birth of the gaming industry, and the way things are going, something must be done to make them see what really counts in a game, not just milk the money cow.

So... as blizzard expects people to pay around 180 eur to play the feckin game, I will pay 0. And I believe most people will do the same.

Re: Blizzard messes up Battlenet 2.0 13 years, 11 months ago #12012

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Yeah, its us 30+ gamers that remember the old days when it was shareware and freeware. When companies actually wanted you to spread their games to new people. But I dont think Blizzard will leave their fans hanging. I mean if the asian SC fans leave the game who will then make it a huge success?

No chatrooms and invite only players will just result in Games for windows LIVE. Thats what ruined DoW2 for me. You could only play with random people unless you invited someone specific. And who has time to chat in-game to find new friends? And with less dedicated servers games communities like this will be rare aswell. When will companies realise that they are slowly killing their own market?

Re: Blizzard messes up Battlenet 2.0 13 years, 11 months ago #12023

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
lan thing is old news and doesnt really bother me. I also see a reason behind it

but wtf is up with chatrooms? Whats the reason?

the downside for the community is huge. Do they expect all of our friends to buy sc2? Most ppl i played diablo, sc and wc3 i never saw in RL.
Anyone knows the monetary reason behind no chat rooms?

Re: Blizzard messes up Battlenet 2.0 13 years, 11 months ago #12027

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Not just the chatrooms

Do you have any idea that if you and me want to play, probably we will have to buy more keys?

Rumor has hit the streets around 2 weeks ago, blizzard would be region locking the game... Still not know if country locking (insane) or regular 5 world region locking, making impossible to play on american servers (where the good stuff is) or other regions, buy another key will allow, but each key costs 60 buckos... is that nice? geeeez.

When I bought the DSi, I found out it was region locked on DSi games only, however, one with europe DSi and another with Japan DSi can play the game in multiplayer either via internet or local wireless, I can accept this kind of locking.

Monetary thing behind chatrooms, have no idea besides spam.

Re: Blizzard messes up Battlenet 2.0 13 years, 11 months ago #12034

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
afaik region lock always ment continental (like dvds)

but yet again altho it bothers me im loosing this "freedom" playing on usa's servers is really not something i will be doing (latency)

Re: Blizzard messes up Battlenet 2.0 13 years, 11 months ago #12035

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Why not list the ping and let the players pick wich they want to join? Player freedom..scary!!

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds