• Page:

TOPIC: Size of game worlds.

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Size of game worlds. 14 years ago #11319

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Some past famous games world size compared to JC2

kotaku.com/5533787/its-not-the-size-of-t...how-you-use-it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It makes you realise how large that game world really is..

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Size of game worlds. 14 years ago #11327

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Missing Fallout 3 there... Cant really say for sure but seemed huge to me...
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Size of game worlds. 14 years ago #11328

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
VoGon wrote:
Missing Fallout 3 there... Cant really say for sure but seemed huge to me...

I think the reason F3s map feelt so huge is because you have to walk around it. I remember WoWs world as HUGE but it was because it toke a while to travel between the points. But the best gameworld so far is Morrowind. Nothing beats its epic scale feel.

Re: Size of game worlds. 14 years ago #11330

• iNaZz
  • Expert Boarder
Just Cause 2 is huge jeeze

Re: Size of game worlds. 14 years ago #11333

• Gazza
  • Official TWK Admin
eve-online...... winner, hands down

But it would be hard to some up up in size xD

Re: Size of game worlds. 14 years ago #11334

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Gazza wrote:

No one can beat EVE Online, not in successful years, not in world size and not in big corporation battles. They are the only MMO, as far as I know, that updated their game engine to keep the game up to date, for free.

Re: Size of game worlds. 14 years ago #11336

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Johannicus wrote:
Gazza wrote:

No one can beat EVE Online, not in successful years, not in world size and not in big corporation battles. They are the only MMO, as far as I know, that updated their game engine to keep the game up to date, for free.

EVE free?!

btw, eve universe is big, but has really... nothing, void, besides from other ships and stuff, its void, easy to draw...

JC2 is defo the biggest gaming world, comparing to eve is comparing apples with nuts and bolts.

And feckyeah, the game is fun to play, pitty some missions look the same, attack while defending someone, get to the point, defend point with big gun, kill chopper. done.

I'm playing the darned game, and its fun, lots of fun.

Re: Size of game worlds. 14 years ago #11337

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Tunes wrote:
Johannicus wrote:
Gazza wrote:

EVE free?!

EVE aint free, it got a monthly cost as all MMOs, BUT all their expansions and the upgrade of the game engine has been free releases. They even made the game engine upgrade optional so players with old comps still could play it while players with good comps could play the upgraded version in the same game world. No other game has done that. When its time to update they release a expansion and if the engine is getting old they make a new game, but not EVE. They just keeps going forward..

btw, eve universe is big, but has really... nothing, void, besides from other ships and stuff, its void, easy to draw...

JC2 is defo the biggest gaming world, comparing to eve is comparing apples with nuts and bolts.

And feckyeah, the game is fun to play, pitty some missions look the same, attack while defending someone, get to the point, defend point with big gun, kill chopper. done.

I'm playing the darned game, and its fun, lots of fun.

I love the freedom of JC2 but the missions and voice acting is not top notch but thats because thats not where the focus is. Its a game to do what you feel like and try crazy things in.

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds