Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Could it be any closer? 14 years, 1 month ago #10625

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
In the ultimate showdown the end result was:

Valve 50.3% (13147)

BioWare 49.7% (12988)

Both are great devs imo, but in diffrent areas!

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Could it be any closer? 14 years, 1 month ago #10627

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Valve won? Awsome! Although Bioware will win it if the twitter votes haven't been added... if you ask me they shouldn't count, giving people a second vote ONLY if they have/make a twitter account is just wrong

Anyway... was a great finish, Bioware proved to be the greater RPG designer by beating WoW head to head, and Valve proved that slavery games should go fall in a pit of portals that cause you to fall for all eternity instead of trying to win such a tourny. All came down to who had the most fans really (not accounting the crappy twitter votes...)

Re: Could it be any closer? 14 years, 1 month ago #10647

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
Che ken wrote:

Anyway... was a great finish, Bioware proved to be the greater RPG designer by beating WoW head to head,

No, some vote on not-so-known website is not a proof of anything. If you want a proof of how good a company is take a look at people buying and playing the games. Also take a look at how long a company supports that game.
Point in case: Starraft 1 still supported
and Valve proved that slavery games should go fall in a pit of portals that cause you to fall for all eternity instead of trying to win such a tourny. All came down to who had the most fans really (not accounting the crappy twitter votes...)

Just the presence of zynga, tells you that "tournament" was a total bs.

Most fans? i know who would have got 90% of the votes if asia was voting

Re: Could it be any closer? 14 years, 1 month ago #10648

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Liger wrote:
Just the presence of zynga, tells you that "tournament" was a total bs.

Thats something we agree.

BTW, why is Microsoft not there?! They are too a game developer.. or just a publisher... dunno now.. the hell with it.

However Liger, game support does not tell a difference over its good or not, IMHO Blizzard has some great titles (all except one, WoW, the same way I don't like heroin)

And Valve still supports most of its titles, and sell.

IMHO, all dev houses have good and bad titles, and should not be judged that way, correct competition should be made over the same genre and release date.

If this is the correct way, EA IS down on their knees and should banned of the market.

Ok, Valve own, yey!

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds