(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mass effect 2

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Mass effect 2 14 years, 1 month ago #10339

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well folks, i'm playing this

www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zer...-Mass-Effect-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And my review on the game, with around 6 hours of play, since I really don't have time for more that latelly, is the game is quite really immersive with the regular option rpg, obviously, as any computer rpg, it tends to be quite predictive and repetive, dealing with npc's around the game has a nice and unique interface, at least for me.

If you managed to see the Yahtzee review, he is quite right on a few things, I didn't play Mass effect, just this one, I know I should have, but somewhere in the future, I can mingle the lost facts then, no worries.

I don't really like 3rd persons, bugs me out, I don't know why, but maybe might have something to do with "why da feck I'm aiming behind my back and not with my eyes?!" sort of thing.. its weird, period.

I'm also doing the game mostly snipping and skill cheating well, had to, only a few games really made me play without them, sorry for the purists, nowadays I don't have the time, I want to see the game content, yes, its just that. In the early times I had all the time I would want, so finishing a game would take around the same time as todays games bypassing a few things.

Graphics are nice, voice acting either, very well detailed voices and argument.

Going to give a few minutes to it again now

Re: Mass effect 2 14 years, 1 month ago #10345

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Im probably what people would call a fan of the series. I have played Mass Effect but dont have the copy anymore. Mass effect 2 is awsome imho. I have completly played it thru 5 times so far. 1 time as Paragon, 1 time as Renegade and 1 time as neutral and 2 times more to try other classes and difficulties. I love the story and that you only need to do some things, like the main missions, the rest is optional. The romantic options need some work, would be nice to actually be able to talk to them without automaticly romancing. Im eagerly awaiting ME 3!! If steam has a sale on ME I might buy it and play it and load its save to ME 2 and continue to see what effects I have on the story.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Mass effect 2 14 years, 1 month ago #10352

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
5 times? Geeezzzz thats really a fan

Its a cool game, being playing whenever I can, still almost in the beginning on the omega station... lots of things to do yet, very faz away from 5 laps on the game.

Re: Mass effect 2 14 years, 1 month ago #10363

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
I'm also a fan of the series but have yet to find the time to finish my second time through, first time was to see the story, second will be for para, third renegade, fourth neutral, fifth achivements and I might have to try going for a female character or try out other romance sidelines (that's only IF I find the time tho...).

The changes have been huge compared to ME, which I had completed 6 times but then lost the game . First of all is the scanning process, alot more to do with that compared to first game (Press A to scan and the entire planets just... done?) but still needs work... If you're looking to 100% the game you need SO MUCH RES that you end up scanning planets for 80% of your gameplay... Never fun...

With the change to planet scans came the loss of the legendary paint planets (yay) and the heroic, unflippable Mako (Booo!). That meant no more ore, relics, buildings in the middle of nowhere, mines halway up the side of a mountain in the middle of a Level 2 hazard warning... Just places that are fixed, easier to handle in the loading process etc yes, but not as fun at all.

The armour has been eradicated almost entirely from the game, no extra bonuses or special looks, a friend and I both played ME with two utterly different styles, so we both had armour that looked and suited our styles. However in ME2 we've both ended up with almost the exact same armour!!

Weapons as well have had a good change but as with armour a very bad loss. The reloading is a nice touch, but when the future has eradicated taht need... why bring it back? I'd much rather have an overheated gun than run out of ammo and start looking around for flashing red tubes on the floor before getting rushed by a Krogan Warlord. Not forgetting the big loss... Enhancements! Where did the Sensory Array IX or the Incendrinary Ammo VIII go? Now all we got is a power that can work for all guns and you've got 4 choices, effective against armour, synthetics, organics, or shields... not much diversity there anymore

Romance options have gotten more involved, but the old crew is gone! I had a good thing going with my asari partner and now she's too busy with her own work? I'm sorry but giving me a mental loony who will kill her own daughter without emotion is NOT making up for it... Tali? ...... Okay you made up for it, but she better not damn well vanish in ME3! > Don't like Tali? Well you have three other choices, a mental psycho, an emotionless asari, or the cerberus bitch who's just human... yeah... I thought you'd say Tali

Relationships for the famale main I will edit in if I ever get the chance... Or just add it to a new post cus this ones going to be HUGE! lol:

Still, even after aaaaalll that, I gotta love the game! Tali is now a romance option (is there a spoiler button I'm missing here somewhere... cus there's something I really wanna shout out, but don't want to ruin anything for people) which is awsome, always wondered what was under that mask... Gotta be better than the poor asari design up close (that freaked me out a bit on first ME runthrough and ended up going for someone else lol).
New ammo system and better AI, adds so much tactics to the game compared to 'RUSH! OVERHEAT HIDE! RUSH!'
Graphics have been made better, another bonus.
Storyline is another must see, the new final enemy was a tasty surprise!
Soundtrack is as awsome as ever!
There aren't many weapons, but that last heavy weapon... OMFG!!!

My ratings:

Graphics:
7/10
Looks amazing, but a few touch ups still need doing, especially with characters. The addition of scars was nice but they could've done that after making characters look a bit more realistic, I can't wait to see what they have in store for ME3

Sound:
9/10
Again could do with some touch ups... what the hell have they done to the Mass Effect Relay!? Used to have an epicly awsome sound that I could blast through my sound system as a test almost as good as a THX test! Now there's just some gimpy little sound that I can barely hear when my speakers go past negative numbers.... (above 10 and my speakers could break so I kept it to around 3 at most... still barely heard it... The old sound would've caused me to go deaf at that volume!). Voices are uniwue for each character, all having their own unique accents as well which is an added touch of genius. Change that Relay sound back to normal and I'll give it a 10/10 for sound!

Gameplay:
10/10
Brilliant gameplay, so many ways of playing it and the replay value hardly goes down after so many plays (speaking from experience of ME, but from the first time round I have little dought that ME2 is the same). Conversations in certain points of the game can either put you in a fight, talk you out of it, if you're going for a bad boy/girl, why not jsut kill them on the spot! The possibilites are so many you could have a game time of several hundred hours and not have played HALF the possible ways of playing. A well deserved 10/10!

Overall:
There is some major changes that need looking at, but with a game like this there is always going to be things people do/don't like. A brilliant game that's got practically limitless posibilites, and definately worth buying.
26/30

Johannicus wrote:
If steam has a sale on ME I might buy it and play it and load its save to ME 2 and continue to see what effects I have on the story.

It's not that much to buy anyway tho? Only £12.99

Re: Mass effect 2 14 years, 1 month ago #10448

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Have anyone of you tried the Hammerfall yet? Saw it was released on Cerberus Network.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds