Monday, May 20, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wii

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Wii 14 years, 8 months ago #6738

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Wii deffo has a place in the home, although I prefer the PS3. (BTW the latest update for PS3 supports BBC iPlayer by default!!)

There are just some games on it that can't be beaten. The Nintendo games generally are excellent - Zelda, Mario, etc are all great games - one of my favourite games though was Pikmin 2 (Cube). Luckily, its fully backward compatable.

I am a little dissapointed they have not utilised the controllers more - I had some great ideas for games that could use both controllers (one in each hand) and the Wii board for one player 'virtual' action. I don't think the plethora of 'mini-games' has helped its image much either

But, it is definately a great console, and it genuinely was one that altered the way games are played. We got it on release day and it was amazing
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Wii 14 years, 8 months ago #6741

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
i just really hope next gen from nintendo will continue with same idea and not try something else revolutionary

Re: Wii 14 years, 8 months ago #6742

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Luckie wrote:
Wii's crap! *sparks fanboy debate*

for me, no luck pal

Tired of it, been flamming everything since I remeber being around in regards to OS's and archs.

It's a matter of taste and objective, I never had a console, NEVA, wii bought around 5 months is the firt one, cause its fun, sure ps3 and xbox are also fun so, but for that, i'm also used to build quite a bit expensive machines for gameplay, for around 15 years.. so, pc ownz for gaming, period. Consoles for me are for people wanting to pass some time whithout the hassle of a windblows and pc arch sucking the way it suckz.

Wii has some uses for me and my daughter. PS3 also has some very fun titles with the cam and the new addition in remotes even allowing greater augmentation, and are the top on it, shame its soooooo expensive to have some fun on ps3, xbox... its a nice kid's toy faulting to much to be fun, and their new addition in cam gaming SUKZ.

Small gas lighter flaming ends!

IMHO

Kudos

Re: Wii 14 years, 8 months ago #6744

• Gazza
  • Official TWK Admin
Tunes wrote:
Luckie wrote:
Wii's crap! *sparks fanboy debate*

for me, no luck pal

Tired of it, been flamming everything since I remeber being around in regards to OS's and archs.

It's a matter of taste and objective, I never had a console, NEVA, wii bought around 5 months is the firt one, cause its fun, sure ps3 and xbox are also fun so, but for that, i'm also used to build quite a bit expensive machines for gameplay, for around 15 years.. so, pc ownz for gaming, period. Consoles for me are for people wanting to pass some time whithout the hassle of a windblows and pc arch sucking the way it suckz.

Wii has some uses for me and my daughter. PS3 also has some very fun titles with the cam and the new addition in remotes even allowing greater augmentation, and are the top on it, shame its soooooo expensive to have some fun on ps3, xbox... its a nice kid's toy faulting to much to be fun, and their new addition in cam gaming SUKZ.

Small gas lighter flaming ends!

IMHO

Kudos

Tunes 1
Luckie 0

Re: Wii 14 years, 8 months ago #6746

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
*Gets his gloves out of the drawer for battle*

K, one more "Wii Sucks" and Banclaw comes in...

But yeah, exactly what ppl have said, its intended as a fun console, Nintendo games are great but it could use some more "hardcore" games if it wants to get in the ring with PS3 and XBoX (but it makes you wonder if they do or are after another market.. ). As an example, I dont picture a 73 year old using a xbox or ps3, but I have the example of one using a Wii (notice how I only capitalized the Wii? ).

The main difference I notice is the content of games, you dont see that many titles where the aim is killkillkillmustdestroymustdestroymustdestroy. In fact one of the best video games I have ever played is Mario Galaxy, and its THE Wii game.

I told Tunes already that if he got a Wii he needs to get that game (hint sent over to Tunes here )

But yeah, Wii sucks and ban comes in
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Wii 14 years, 8 months ago #6751

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
Gazza wrote:

Tunes 1
Luckie 0

i disagree, Luckie gj

Luckie 2
Fanboys 0

It only counts if the person write >2lines of text

Re: Wii 14 years, 8 months ago #6752

Not saying Wii sucks or anything but for personal gaming it's just not great i know vapour has one and he never plays it if someone else isn't round, hence why i have an xbox, but still the Wii is great for a group of people (especially when drunk)

Re: Wii 14 years, 8 months ago #6755

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Mr. Skrawny wrote:
Not saying Wii sucks or anything but for personal gaming it's just not great i know vapour has one and he never plays it if someone else isn't round, hence why i have an xbox, but still the Wii is great for a group of people (especially when drunk)

Yeah, drunk Wii playing is a must!

Re: Wii 14 years, 8 months ago #6757

• Gazza
  • Official TWK Admin
The wii wasnt meant for 'hardcore' gaming its meant as a fun console. I have no idea how many times ive had this discussion

The wii is meant for having your mates round and for jokes, Its not meant for you to sit down and pwn noobs.

Where as the PS3 and XBOX are (to an extent) tehre are some games which allow for a less 'hardcore' experiance. But why spend money on them when you can get a PC (Unless your a major fan of FIFA)

Re: Wii 14 years, 8 months ago #6760

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
told you i'd spark the fanboy debate
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds