RAF gone wrong...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAF gone wrong...

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

RAF gone wrong... 14 years, 11 months ago #4729

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
If anyone hears about a plane collision with a glider in England, it was a CCF trip from my school, the RAF section were out flying. However a glider was in that same area, which collided with the small plane, killing the planes pilot and passenger, Nick Rice. A 15 year old student of a little school on the Bath Road called The Elvian School (formerly kniwn as Presentation College). Nick was a friend of mine, and a closer friend to many of the other year 10's, also most of ehom I was close to. It's a tragic loss, and a mystery that the civilian glider pilot managed to escape, where as the fully qualified and extremely experienced RAF pilot and Nick Rice, nearing the highest flying rank for school cadets, failed to get out in time before the two planes spiraled to the ground. He will be missed greatly, as with such a small school, a death in the school is like a death in the family. A small school becomes it's own family, and that is what Nick Rice was to The Elvian School

I'm just waiting for the newspapers to get a hold of it, as I know the full story and want to see what they twist and distort to make it seem more exilerating/exciting/horrific/whatever...

Re: RAF gone wrong... 14 years, 11 months ago #4734

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
it happens to the best of us
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228

Re: RAF gone wrong... 14 years, 11 months ago #4746

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
I'm genuinely sorry to hear about this - my thoughts are with all affected
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: RAF gone wrong... 14 years, 11 months ago #4749

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
That would be over 200 people, not including parents, teachers and friends out of school

2tsctvin

2tsctvin

2tsctvin

Re: RAF gone wrong... 14 years, 11 months ago #4750

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
I sorrow your and your fellows loss.

Re: RAF gone wrong... 14 years, 11 months ago #4752

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Just read this.

Terribly sorry for your loss mate.
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: RAF gone wrong... 14 years, 11 months ago #4753

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
www.lastingtribute.co.uk/tribute/rice/3097160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just got this in my facebook inbox:
'Hi Oliver,

Please accept my deepest sympathies for the tragic news about Nick. I work for Heart (the radio station) in Reading and we'd like to do something to remember Nick. We're looking for people who knew him and would like to pay tribute to him so we can play out their messages on air in our news bulletins at Drive today and Breakfast tomorrow. We're also setting up a special article on our website for people to leave tributes and messages online.

If you'd like to speak to us, and know anyone else who may want to, please don't hesitate to get in touch. You can send me a message back via Facebook, email me at mailto: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or you can call me on my direct line on 0118 9288 802

Thanks for your time,

Molly Forbes
Breakfast Editor
Heart Berkshire and North Hampshire'

I'm currently replying to her with some people I know that'd love to make a tribute, and doing one myself. He was a friend of many, and I haven't met many (if any) people that have not liked him. He will be remembered and loved as a friend and family member in all our hearts forever.

Another one:
'Hi Oliver

I'm Anna from the Reading Post. I saw Nick's mum and dad this morning who have released a tribute through the police.

It is so sad he died and I was wondering if you wanted to say a few words?

Please email mailto:aroberts@reading-epost.co.uk

I am so sorry for your loss.

Anna'

Anyone that listens to Heart Radio or reads the Reading Post, keep your eyes/ears open for anything, as I've sent my tribute towards Nick to them, and have also sents them names of other people that might like to make a tribute.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds