(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: AION Online

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

AION Online 12 years, 1 month ago #31713

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Well, thought I'd give a little mention to AION, and whether anyone is interested in playing it with me

I had a couple of months subscription when it was a subscription based MMO, but I couldn't keep with the commitment to it, since I wouldn't play it all the time so I was essentially wasting money, however, about a month ago, it went F2P! It's still exactly the same game (with a few additions to compensate for the F2P model), and because I previously had a subscription, I get Veteran status (whoop!).
So, if you already have an account with NCSoft for it, AND have payed for at least a months subscription previously, you can get your account transferred and receive Veteran status (a few more privilages than the standard account), but if you never had a subscription, you can still transfer your account, but won't get Veteran status. Everything will be carried over, and it would be as if nothing changed otherwise, make an account on GameForge, and get playing with me!

If you want to play with me (giggity) in the same world, you MUST be the Asmodian race, and play on the EU server Spatalos (since Asmodians and Elyos have different worlds, so if you chose Elyos, it would be a long time before we meet, and we would be in a PvP area anyway). If you do, add a friend request to Chif (for my female Assassin) or Chifilly (for my male Sorcerer (not played much anymore)).

The website if anyone's interested: clicky

Woo, long post

tl;dr: Make an account here, download the client, race Asmodian, server Spatalos, and friend Chif. Done
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Chifilly.

Re: AION Online 12 years, 1 month ago #31714

• M3ntoz
  • Administrator
  • Freshmaker!
Played if at launch for almost a year, sold my account with profit.
It got boring at the end, nothing new was added.

I suggest to just wait for guildwars2
Mr.Moo: Damn, Mentoz beat me to it -.-

Re: AION Online 12 years, 1 month ago #31715

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
A few things have been added and changed about and stuff, and it will eventually get the AION 3.0 update from Korea which will add even more stuff and there's no harm, since it's F2P

And I'm waiting very impatiently for GW2 xD

Re: AION Online 12 years, 1 month ago #31716

• Amitiel
  • Dragon Slayer
It would be waaaay to dangerous for me after breaking away from years of WoW and a spell on Rift ...

Is that a wand in your pocket ... or are you just pleased to see my succubus?

Re: AION Online 12 years, 1 month ago #31717

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
I played Rift, and got bored after about an hour xD

Re: AION Online 12 years, 1 month ago #31718

• Amitiel
  • Dragon Slayer
We played on beta so levelled up before the launch date. It was a bit of a slow starter but improved

Is that a wand in your pocket ... or are you just pleased to see my succubus?

Re: AION Online 12 years, 1 month ago #31719

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Yeah, I loved the wholw Rift element, where you go to an area and everyone can join in and stuff, but don't think it was very well executed, it was too samey, and the enemy density was awful so you couldn't get anywhere without being bombarded by mobs
I hope GW2 pulls it off, or I'll be unhappy

Re: AION Online 12 years, 1 month ago #31720

• FrogyFace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Frog!
The only reason i dont want to start playing aion is because i herd that f2p players are blocked from leveling over level 40...

Re: AION Online 12 years, 1 month ago #31722

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Well I think the level cap is 40 anyway. But F2P players have no gameplay-breaking restrictions at all, they are only restricted from being able to set up a portable shop for people to buy from you or use the Trade Broker, you can't whisper to people until level 10, you can't use world chat, you can't trade people your gold (you can recieve it though), you can't send letters to people not on your friends list, and you can't send letters with things attached, and don't have access to a Legion Warehouse (wheras Veterans can, and the paid Gold pack can). Not really game breaking restrictions. Also, in the future, there will be a way to get promoted to Veteran (not available at the moment). And the only thing (really) that gold have over veteran is reduced instance cooldowns.

EDIT: I think the level cap is actually 55, but standard account have no limitation on the cap
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds