Saturday, April 27, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

SOPA / PITA STOPPED or more... delayed...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: SOPA / PITA STOPPED or more... delayed...

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

SOPA / PITA STOPPED or more... delayed... 12 years, 3 months ago #30472

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, looks like the two bills were delayed for the moment and won't be voted next 24th.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/20...ests/?iref=allsearch

I know, I was busy with something else, otherwise the twk site would also be offline during yesterday...

How this was supposed to affect us as community, well, we had to close the forums and maintain only what was really necessary or make the forums highly hidden from bots'n'stuff.

As it was to affect me, well, as hosting owner would also be liable to prosecution for hosting such sites, even if they weren't related to me in any way, just by hosting them I would be going to jail for some stupid reason...

Yes, it was that stupid.

On the other news, megaupload is closed, maybe not forever and that is not the problem, problem is, whom have used, created accounts and paid with visa cards and living in USA controlled countries may be in deep trouble. Luckily for me, never used megaupload, unless to wait for a sucky dl. having the ip means nothing but the visa is a problem, you "paid" for getting copyrighted stuff.

This would extend to social networks, closing them and find every possible manner to sue its users.

Well, at least we can rest for the moment, definately, USA is not the place to go, everyone says Europe is dommed and stuff, but at least we are not at war with rest of the world as USA govs is, at least is my pov.

The current European law and is the same for most of the world is, I as hosting owner, I'm responsible for immediately shutting the site down and frezze all info, databases, file data, code and access logs to my ascending provider or to the requesting law enforcer, without penalty for me, that would change with SOPA.

Well, all for now, keep on playin

Re: SOPA / PITA STOPPED or more... delayed... 12 years, 3 months ago #30473

• FrogyFace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Frog!
I hate SOPA and PITA
And Pita is some sort of tasty bread so i like tasty bread

Re: SOPA / PITA STOPPED or more... delayed... 12 years, 3 months ago #30474

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, sopa is Portuguese for soup and the Quino's Venezuelan comic artist, Mafalda's dirty word

PITA, well, Pain In The Ass? Also in Portuguese is what we call to 16 y'old girls who think they own the world cause they got laid other day...

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds