Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Sign shop?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sign shop?

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Sign shop? 11 years, 3 months ago #33768

Hi im scott iv played on a few severs and id like to ask if u could put in a sign shop? i think it would make things easyer to buy and sell, and could u set up a spawn egg shop thingy?
Farmer

Re: Sign shop? 11 years, 3 months ago #33771

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
2 things;
A sign shop isn't needed since we already have a shop plugin (type /em (I think it's that anyway) in-game)
And no, no spawn egg selling. Only legitimate survival things are sold

Re: Sign shop? 11 years, 3 months ago #33780

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
If tunes has the time I think a sign shop would be a better shop plugin too. the current one kinda sucks
GIMP!!!
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by Gimp.

Re: Sign shop? 11 years, 3 months ago #33782

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
Gimp wrote:
If tunes has the time I think a sign shop would be a better shop plugin too. the current one kinda sucks

Thing is.. if users want to sell their stuff it requires a chest and a sign.. fill the chest with what you want to sell, then a sign for the sales...

But there is a major flaw.. in order to sell your items, people must know where your shop/base is therefore revealing your location, not only that but you could easily nuke someone's shop in order to steal all of their stock, the "Exchange Market"(current plugin) works just fine in my opinion.

Re: Sign shop? 11 years, 3 months ago #33785

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
Think im thinking of a different shop thing then what was the one you guys used on the server you made a while back? yog something or other.
GIMP!!!

Re: Sign shop? 11 years, 3 months ago #33789

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
that WAS the sign shop.. you need chests to stock the shop.. ehhhh?

Re: Sign shop? 11 years, 3 months ago #33790

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
i can tie my shoelaces most of the time
GIMP!!!

Re: Sign shop? 11 years, 3 months ago #33791

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, sign shops yes and no.

Yes, they are there and you click on them. duh.

No, There are plugins with auto protection, you put a chest and a sign, no one can break it, creepers don't work here to avoid the usual chaos, and you can't also blow it up, but you can blow up everything around it. And they also need knowledge of what to write the sign.

(It could be worked around with worldguard, area, build yes, tnt no,)

As so, I don't want the desert covered with chests or some other place around spawn, you have to teleport there, you have to go there and refill it, bla bla bla

Exchange market is a way where you can trade on your cell phone, while sitting in the toilet kinda a thing, like twitter

sooooo... sorry, no chest shops and no way for redundant plugins.

Re: Sign shop? 11 years, 3 months ago #33821

• nuckyi
  • Expert Boarder
i do like chest shop over this em thing, alot less typing. but the fact this is a pvp server and not a survival + build server. the em deal works alot better. now if only money was ezer to get. and people would sell more stuff I.E brick blocks

Re: Sign shop? 11 years, 3 months ago #33827

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
I like the idea of sign shop but I don't mind the /em buy/sell. (It is redundant isn't it ... )

Although, /em relies on people actually selling the item that you need doesn't it? would be nice to add more server/admin items at set rates. This might discourage market dynamics but also reduce possiblity for driving prices up to rediculous sell prices... people can set whatever sell/buy price they like can't they ?

Due to the lack of proper protection for chests Signshop would be pretty stupid, the other points raised about where to setup shop also are valid.

Good thinking
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by sh4z.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds