• Page:

TOPIC: Classic Source Server

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Classic Source Server 12 years, 7 months ago #26079

• Deathkitten
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :D
Hello guys,

Well i have to say im happy to see that some of you come on the classic source server, I would like to say thanks to scathe and react who always joins the server in help t populate the server.

I would like to see more of you on the server,and not just for 5 mins but i would like to see you on longer

Alex is a Really Really Really Big Noob!

Re: Classic Source Server 12 years, 7 months ago #26082

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :P :P :P
Get Scathe and React to turn of their haxs!!!!

Re: Classic Source Server 12 years, 7 months ago #26083

• Deathkitten
  • Official TWK Admin
They do not have haxs lol i managed to kill scathe on cs office a couple of times and thats good enough for me AND react does not hax at all he is just so fricking awsome! Not just saying that cause i love him but its the truth !!

Re: Classic Source Server 12 years, 7 months ago #26084

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
Its all lies

Re: Classic Source Server 12 years, 7 months ago #26086

• reacT
  • Expert Boarder
To be fair there are alot of things that may need to be addressed for the classic source server. i will list a few;
1. around 8/10 users connecting to the classic source server complain about "error signs" which are caused by the custom "admin models" or the models used by bots, i believe this function may need to either be removed or at least disabled for bots.

2. Unnecessary plugins cause "reg" issues also, the server is being plagued by slow hitbox updates, which is a big deal on a standard css server. plugins that i would suggest to be removed are;
. Spam Filter(unecessary)
. Swear Filter(does not function correctly, and game is rated 16 anyway, people can always be asked not to swear, its not difficult)
. Plugin that causes removal of Corpses (while it may increase FPS on lower end PC's, again it is an unnecessary strain on the server, also some players use corpse locations to ascertain where the enemy are.
. Or any other unnecessary or unused plugins.

Whilst some people may like the plugins currently installed, the server is aLWAYS empty, for the exception of TWK, I managed to almost fill the server the other day by holding the map on dust2 for a few hours, but still users were disconnecting due to the plugins, bad reg and error models, i strongly believe that a massive change will need to take place on the server.

My suggestion (based on 8 years of source play-experience), is to removal EVERYTHING, reducing the server back to stock, however i agree that Sourcemod is necessary for administration reasons, I would also like to suggest the plugin called "VIP" mod which allows (for those who have played 1.6) as / assassination maps to be played, where the VIP must be assassinated.

This would have the server at 3 plugins;
1 - Sourcemod/Metamod
2 - SDK Hooks(required for VIP mod)
3 - VIP Mod.

NOTE: VIP mod only works when a map with the prefix of as_ is loaded, and is therefor dormant when not, thus not impacting gameplay on normal maps.

With these point addressed I would also suggest a better map rotation / selection (some research into the current popular maps would be in order)

I would like thoughts and comments on this, because as we are, the server is remaining empty without conscious effort to get it full, and this in itself is not self-sustaining, and therefor not viable.

Join the League of Legends and Start playing!
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by reacT.

Re: Classic Source Server 12 years, 7 months ago #26089

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
react makes a great point, plus when joining a new server the first thing that makes me not even bother to join is having to download random stuff.

+karma when i can give
GIMP!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: substick

Re: Classic Source Server 12 years, 7 months ago #26091

• Deathkitten
  • Official TWK Admin
Haya, scathes having some problems posting so he aske me to put this in..

Hiya guys,

You are right, Conall has made a nice post there!

As you already know mate I totally agree with what you are saying here. Being a classic server we need to primarily be focused on providing the best possible standard for it we can. This is because it is based alot more on skill than the likes of an rpg or wcs server. So making sure our reg is top end is definately a major factor in this role.

Having plugins which are not needed and slow/hinder the performance for others in game will definately reduce the amount of new guys we manage to keep on the server. I also think that having that alot of data that needs to be downloaded for any newcomer immediately puts them off from joining, so keeping that to a bare minimum is also in our best interest.

I also dislike that plugin which removes the bodies, as stated by Conall which is very true. Having bodies gives an indication to enemy whereabouts etc and I for one use this as reference in game.

Now for the VIP mod... love the suggestion love the mod lets get it on! Basically there is my opinion on that one in a nutshell... but heres some more info: Conall and myself spend the best part of a day trawling the internet searching for this elusive little bugger! I am pleased to be able to confirm to you that Conall got this set up and running on (Amy's) dedicated server. The mod works perfectly, no glitches from what we could see while testing it and no issues as Conall said with other maps which are not as_ maps.

A new map rotation of the "current" maps which are used in heavily populated servers, so a bit of research to find the best of these would be a good idea, again this will help make a difference...

So I strongly agree that these changes need and should be made in order to better our server and help bring in newcomers.

It would be great to here what everyone elses views are on these suggestions, so get your opinions in so we know what you think!

Catch yu later guys!

Scathe

Re: Classic Source Server 12 years, 7 months ago #26092

• M3ntoz
  • Administrator
  • Freshmaker!
reacT wrote:
1. around 8/10 users connecting to the classic source server complain about "error signs" which are caused by the custom "admin models" or the models used by bots, i believe this function may need to either be removed or at least disabled for bots.

The skins are there for the donaters so i don't think removing them is a option, and i don't know how skins of bots work. Should be on ftp somewhere probably.
reacT wrote:

2. Unnecessary plugins cause "reg" issues also, the server is being plagued by slow hitbox updates, which is a big deal on a standard css server. plugins that i would suggest to be removed are;
. Spam Filter(unecessary)
. Swear Filter(does not function correctly, and game is rated 16 anyway, people can always be asked not to swear, its not difficult)
. Plugin that causes removal of Corpses (while it may increase FPS on lower end PC's, again it is an unnecessary strain on the server, also some players use corpse locations to ascertain where the enemy are.
. Or any other unnecessary or unused plugins.

I only agree on the removal plugin, the others don't cause any harm and it's fun in my opinion
+ If we optimize the !server command plugin i suggest to use that 2.
reacT wrote:

I would also like to suggest the plugin called "VIP" mod which allows (for those who have played 1.6) as / assassination maps to be played, where the VIP must be assassinated.

It's a classic source server OR a VIP server, mixing things up like that ain't gonna work.
reacT wrote:

With these point addressed I would also suggest a better map rotation / selection (some research into the current popular maps would be in order)

I thought you were making one?

I'm busy for another week but next week monday i've got a month free so can make some changes happen.

M3ntoz
Mr.Moo: Damn, Mentoz beat me to it -.-

Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by M3ntoz.

Re: Classic Source Server 12 years, 7 months ago #26093

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
I agree with the majority of your point but with VIP you need more than just 5 people playing on the server, we need to focus on getting the server populated first before we put that on Just it hasn't been on a css server for a while so people won't go on it if they see a VIP map because they will not actually know that it is VIP etc

Re: Classic Source Server 12 years, 7 months ago #26095

• reacT
  • Expert Boarder
Oh definately, i wasn't sure about even putting the vip maps on rotation, just merely having them on the server, and have it as a vote option (providing there are enough players)bots do not get chosen as vip either

Join the League of Legends and Start playing!
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds