Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Improvements to the server! [NOTICE]
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE]

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 9 months ago #24296

• Liquid Snake
hmm supa honestly i think this is a bad idea you want forum activity to be wanted by the person themselves if you would say something like hey come on the forums make a post and you get free levels you would get a ton off people who make a meaningless post on something a year old.. well i just think it wouldnt work out

also giving them the levels would require some sort of mod or a admin to be online who is a wcsadmin or higher and that would be colin,m3ntoz and pooky and i doubt the 3 of them want 50 crying kids that havnt got their levels yet

although i think the idea's where nice supa and well the idea i had wouldnt require any mod to be installed at all it would take a bit of effort (from my part for example) to edit a few good races make them low level requirement and put a cap on it, takes about 5 minutes time per race if not less

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 9 months ago #24300

• M3ntoz
  • Administrator
  • Freshmaker!
Liquid Snake wrote:
oh oh oh i had this idea why not give players a test of what high level race would be? simple make a copy of lets say laser light show name it starter race light show give them the same skills abilities and just make them unable to play it after a low total level simple that way new players will get their total level up and they will not be completely useless against the more overpowered players what do you guys think?

Players get 25 lvl's already when they join if i remember correctly from last update + doing the Ideo of liquid is nice but do you want all races twice in the changerace menu ?
Mr.Moo: Damn, Mentoz beat me to it -.-

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 9 months ago #24302

• Supa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hug me!
Well liquid offcourse there will be some meaningless post here and there but you also get some on forum and they might see topics that they like and give normal posts on that topic. But yeah it's just an idea that popped up like at that moment so

Cool didn't know they got 25 levels from when the newly joined. Makes my post having no use at all
I think having all the races double in the list would be bad and confusing Maybe only put a few. The good ones that people really like. Don't know if you already planned on doing that

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 9 months ago #24304

• Liquid Snake
nonono not all the races m3ntoz just 3 or 4 races where people can start off on thats what i meant lets say replacing the current starter races like undead scourge making them a slightly higher level meaning that people would start off with those starter races they would get their total level up from it and stand a chance against lets say laser light show or sr electrico coz they will be able to play those races on a low level but they will be unable to play them when they hit a certain total level that way they would be out of the beginning races where they will be able to play more powerfull races also it would give people a taste of what they will get when they do achieve the high levels

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 9 months ago #24313

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
I really like Supa's idea. But grant the level for simply registering on the forums. Its a numbers game: it doesnt matter that most wont become active, what matters is that some will. It gives the forum visibility in the community. If they have a suggestion or complaint, they already know where to go AND they are already registered.

Feasibility: i dont know how much work that will require from the admins though

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 9 months ago #24322

• Scathe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Whisky in the jar!
Yeah i like that idea of supa's too liger. Not sure how it could be implemented though....
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds