Username Password: Remember me

Improvements to the server! [NOTICE]
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE]

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 10 months ago #24258

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
maybe instead of a mod direct them to some quiz thing on the forums? somethin like 10 questions, 5 lvls per question answered right or something
GIMP!!!
Last Edit: 12 years, 10 months ago by Gimp.

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 10 months ago #24259

• Liquid Snake
the questions where nice, and colin does it really matter if low levels look it up on the net i mean it does help them out just give people like 20 seconds to answer thats barely enough to look it up on the net and answer aswell , anyhow offtopic for a bit chifilly the idea you had with the mvp changerace i think thats a bad idea tbh coz some people do like to play their race for a while and honestly i would get annoyed if i had to change every 5 rounds coz i earned 5 mvp's that round not that it happens alot but yeh

and dont new players already get 25 levels? dunno what this causes but when i first got the new account i had 25 levels instantly

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 10 months ago #24261

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
Naah, I think low levels would get fed up of quizzing, what I think the server needs is for players to start with like 20 base levels.. so they can get a race instantly to level 20, that way they will not be too-weak against the high levels.

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 10 months ago #24262

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :P :P :P
What I think people should consider is when new people join they need to think not to rush and kill them instantly because most of the time when people do that the new people leave instantly instead of ever trying out the server fully, also I think people need to lay of playing the top levels races and give them a chance

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 10 months ago #24263

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
kinda agree with voodoo, giving some free lvls so they can atleast get a race started would be good, especially coz the starter races take like 40 lvls to max.

and true sub, that was really pissing the kid voodoo quoted off
GIMP!!!

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 10 months ago #24264

• Liquid Snake
oh oh oh i had this idea why not give players a test of what high level race would be? simple make a copy of lets say laser light show name it starter race light show give them the same skills abilities and just make them unable to play it after a low total level simple that way new players will get their total level up and they will not be completely useless against the more overpowered players what do you guys think?
Last Edit: 12 years, 10 months ago by .

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 10 months ago #24267

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Liquid Snake wrote:
oh oh oh i had this idea why not give players a test of what high level race would be? simple make a copy of lets say laser light show name it starter race light show give them the same skills abilities and just make them unable to play it after a low total level simple that way new players will get their total level up and they will not be completely useless against the more overpowered players what do you guys think?

That's a great idea! All I can say really. Should be done

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 10 months ago #24269

Chifilly wrote:
Liquid Snake wrote:

That's a great idea! All I can say really. Should be done

Cant be done. The mod just isnt built for that unless we add a human element to it all
Last Edit: 12 years, 10 months ago by TheBlackWaltz.

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 10 months ago #24272

• Liquid Snake
actually waltz in the script itself for the race there is a level limit to where it can be used

look ill demonstrate

[Nightstalker]
#Requirement section
required = 1760
maximum = 100

where the maximum would be a total level of 100
simple and it should function just fine i think
will test this out on my own test server with a standard race

and correct me if im wrong but isnt the mod build to listen to that?

EDIT! : Tested this out on my own test server with undead scourge and it works just fine
Last Edit: 12 years, 10 months ago by .

Re: Improvements to the server! [NOTICE] 12 years, 10 months ago #24293

• Supa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hug me!
Sounds nice if it can be done liquid.

Also good thing to do is give new people a certain amount of levels (fair number to get started) but for that they need to visit forum. Do something or post somewhere (maybe in hello part or so). Means more forum activity and you would be giving levels to the new people who are planning to stay else they wouldn't even bother. Could make a text line for it that pops on server like the other ones (no idea how it's called) and could be saying " Are you new? Want some free levels. Go visit our website" or whatever not gonne crack my brains on thinking of a good one atm

I'm for everything that helps new people except pumping the server full of more mods.

I guess something will happen so
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds