• Page:

TOPIC: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

[mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years, 1 month ago #34641

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
Hi All,

Recently it has come to my attention that detrimental changes to the mcMMO mining skill SuperBreaker have been made. This is especially noticeable when mining obsidian (mainly) the decrease in efficiency is sorely missed. /sadface

Details (long version ):
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

I would very much like the Previous SuperBreaker Skill behavior again!

Please comment/reply if you would like the Insta-Break re-instated. I guess ultimately this will be lxtunes/admins decision and I will respect it. Thank you for your time.

As always Keep on Punching! Cheers
Last Edit: 11 years, 1 month ago by sh4z.

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years, 1 month ago #34642

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
Well, thank you for bringing up this issue but I must say I believe that the new system is better, the way that it works is still fast for mining, only a little bit slower (Except in the case of obsidian) but even in that case its still quite fast compared to vanilla.

I also think that the new system is more realistic (In a minecrafty non-realistic sense) and it has a more.. uhmm.. Non-Overpowered feel to it, haha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sh4z

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years, 1 month ago #34643

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
Some good points raised there VooDoo ^^

It's fast for regular mining yes ... thats not the point though. Collecting obsidian was actually completed in realistic time frames rather than the chore it used to be. Being on a PvP/factions server it really is critical to proper base design other than the fact it looks cool. This is even more perilous due to the world limit imposed now (30k)... its not a joke ? There is no long distance security through obscurity anymore (At least in the overworld. who knows if it will change in other places too...)

Superbreaker was probably one of the most useful parts of mcMMO, it's been seriously nerfed! Am I the only person who misses the real Superbreaker? It probably shouldn't be called superbreaker anymore... since its not really super.. its more like average breaker LOL
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Real Superbreaker - F*** Yeah! Break blocks like a BOSS! =

Common show SuperBreaker some love! **sh4z plays: Barry White - Never Gonna Give You Up...

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years, 1 month ago #34644

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, I've added the plugin you suggested, tried it out and got a stack and 17 block of obsidian with my mmo levels.

Hope that's better now.

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years, 1 month ago #34645

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
I honestly think the new way it works is better. Just enchant your pick with efficiency then use Superbreaker, free Efficiency IX Pickaxe for a while, which isn't stupidly overpowered to break obsidian, but still it's done in a faster timeframe. Superbreaker was stupidly overpowered originally, and I like the way it's been updated.

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years, 1 month ago #34646

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, I really don't know how did superbreaker behaved before I added the plugin (as most people knows, I don't really play minecraft).

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years, 1 month ago #34647

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
All I can say is wow. Thank you Guys/Tunes for responding so quickly. I sincerely appreciate it.

I can see two MC admin's approve the new +Eff.V behaviour, and look if you guys really feel that it's the way to go then fair enough.

I just tried using it and seems like it might be not enabled by default, the plugin is definitely installed. I will give it a go personally setting it up at work this morning ^^; I'll give it another whirl on TWK when i get home (I have to do some work today! lol)

Cheers and have a great day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: VooDoo

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years, 1 month ago #34648

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Oops, I gave perms for the players, but now went into the permissions, and noticed we are not inheriting perms from players, but rather from twk-r, fixed.

cheers

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years, 1 month ago #34649

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
We still might need to edit the file .\plugins\TfTAddon\config.yml
16:  Mining:
17:    SuperBreaker_InstaBreak_Obsidian: true

Looks like it's only obsidian thats effected.. (I was under the impression it replaced the superbreaker function. Seems thats not the case)

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years, 1 month ago #34650

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Thanks sh4z! Updated the config, will go in the next server restart when less populated.

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds