(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Report Issues Here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just wanted to have fun

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Just wanted to have fun 11 years, 4 months ago #33770

• Naij
  • Fresh Boarder
My friend and I had just started on this server yesterday. We were establishing a base deep under ground so we wouldn't be disturbed by people who wanted to take our stuff.

Well, KidKoala somehow found our base, even though it was extremely well hidden. There was NO way to get to it from the surface unless you dug straight down and knew where it was via coords. There was no way of knowing it was there unless he had an X-RAY MOD.

I'm not saying he did, but I have no idea how he would've found us otherwise since he was not privy to the coord information.

Anyway, he came into our base, laid TNT and blew both myself and my friend up, took our stuff, and a mod, Spacecowboy001, joined him. Spacecowboy said it was all fine, because it's a PvP server.

I would be more understanding if we hadn't taken the time to make a base deep in the ground so we could avoid things like that.

Re: Just wanted to have fun 11 years, 4 months ago #33773

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
SpaceCowboy is indeed right, what they did was fine. However, if what you're saying is true, the means of finding the base is dodgey. In their defence however, you should have claimed the area to prevent that from happening.

Re: Just wanted to have fun 11 years, 4 months ago #33774

• Naij
  • Fresh Boarder
Actually, we ended up claiming the land, and hope that this does not happen in the future.

I still stand by my statement that there was no way that he could've found us. One of the other mods (can't remember the name) told me about the /f map function, but it wouldn't have shown our base, as we hadn't claimed anything at the time he came into our base.

Thanks for replying.
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Naij.

Re: Just wanted to have fun 11 years, 4 months ago #33776

• renadragon
  • Senior Boarder
I told you about the f map and your right it wouldn't have been there, but i was on top of you base and you can just see your name tags. so if someone saw them they could have dug down. also you shouldn't build by spawn if you don't want people to find you and the sign is kinda like a ummm dead give away.

Re: Just wanted to have fun 11 years, 4 months ago #33779

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
yea i would walk at least 5k from spawn before building if you want to be really safe
GIMP!!!

Re: Just wanted to have fun 11 years, 4 months ago #33788

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
Like Gimp said. However don't walk straight from /spawn.

Pick a directional Portal inside the building at spawn. It takes you +3k Blocks in a direction (N/E/S/W) *the portal room is above the signage area (follow the stairs).

If you just walked away from spawn someone could use the portal and you would only be 2k away (Not enough IMO) I made my first base 3.3k from spawn .. then i discovered the portal... (ended up being 300 blocks from spawn )

Good luck fellas!

Re: Just wanted to have fun 11 years, 4 months ago #33792

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Naij wrote:
My friend and I had just started on this server yesterday. We were establishing a base deep under ground so we wouldn't be disturbed by people who wanted to take our stuff.

Well, KidKoala somehow found our base, even though it was extremely well hidden. There was NO way to get to it from the surface unless you dug straight down and knew where it was via coords. There was no way of knowing it was there unless he had an X-RAY MOD.

I'm not saying he did, but I have no idea how he would've found us otherwise since he was not privy to the coord information.

Anyway, he came into our base, laid TNT and blew both myself and my friend up, took our stuff, and a mod, Spacecowboy001, joined him. Spacecowboy said it was all fine, because it's a PvP server.

I would be more understanding if we hadn't taken the time to make a base deep in the ground so we could avoid things like that.

Hello mate and thanks for the input, kidkoala will be kept under eye.

Don't build near spawn, one good strategy is taking a portal and move semi diagonaly away from spawn.

The server gives food for a few game days if well played.

Regards

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds