(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Report Issues Here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starecat's base

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Starecat's base 11 years, 5 months ago #33726

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
Hey some weird ass thing happened to starecat's base after the crash last night (my bad). I've tried using rollback but that did balls all so heres hoping someone else will know what do to

Screenshot2012-12-02at20.14.28.png
GIMP!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deity

Re: Starecat's base 11 years, 4 months ago #33916

• Deity
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for trying Gimp, but apparently nobody cares about StareCat. I tried moving on and making it into a nether base, but i was banned for doing so....

Re: Starecat's base 11 years, 4 months ago #33917

• jack3303
  • Fresh Boarder
yeah as a result of the admins looking at our base they refused to help us and where quite honestly rude to us. :/ and i keep saying that admins are always right. so basically make me feel like its my fault that our land got destroyed in the first place. i was unsatisfied with the way i was treated. other admins. :/ though i did respect the amount of assistance Gimp tried to give.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deity

Re: Starecat's base 11 years, 4 months ago #33918

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
For a start, we didn't refuse to help you, and we weren't rude. We gave you options, those options being move base, or wait for WorldEdit to work so we can regen the area under what's still there, but you won't get back the bits of the base you lost. We never said admins are always right, you were the ones saying that we were implying that, and quite frankly you guys, mostly Deity, were rude to us. We know it's not your fault your land was lost, but it wasn't ours either, and there's not much else that can be done other than what we said, unless someone else has any ideas as to what can be done.
Also, what you did Deity was not making it into a Nether base, it was down right griefing the land, even if it was your land, and also being rude to VooDoo and me as we confronted you about it (don't have screenshots of the conversation, but Tunes probably has logs)

Screenshots:

Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Chifilly.

Re: Starecat's base 11 years, 4 months ago #33920

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
where was this?

Re: Starecat's base 11 years, 4 months ago #33923

• Deity
  • Fresh Boarder
I am pretty sure i was not being rude, i was being quite formal.
I did not use any forms of bad language. i was trying to explain my situation. i realy hope that you have those logs, so we can review them. The only thing that might have been considered "rude" was when i said that i love the server for not helping me then jailing me, but hey, see this issue from my view. My land got ruined, i was told to wait for a fix, i waited about a month or so, nothing happened. So i decided to move on by making an idea of mine (nether base). Of course it looks bad right now, that is because it's not finished, you can't judge someone's creations until its done. Anyways, after i decided to move on, i end up getting jailed. So yeah, i was a bit angry, who wouldn't be. Also, you guys were a bit rude to us today, when i told you guys that gimp had told one of my members that we would get creative mode to fix it, you guys laughed and said "No" and called him crazy or something, i don't quite remember. It was also rude of you guys to jail me without explaining to me why before doing so.

ps. I sent voodoo a private message saying "I don't mean to disrespect you guys, but the admins don't seem to care." I am sure Voodoo will remember. So, as you can see, i wasn't trying to be rude to you guys.

Re: Starecat's base 11 years, 4 months ago #33925

• jack3303
  • Fresh Boarder
i do remember paticular remarks that states us to get over it. although not in those words i dont feel that the admins really gave any full attention to this. im remembering a feeling of apathy. no one ever respects my oppinions in here. though it sounds like someone is listening they shrug it off and say its unethical to do that. how is it not anyone's fault? its not fair to us that we just so happen to be the only people who got their entire plot to just dissapear. to those who said just rebuild it its much easyer to say that then to actually do it. you dont halfto rebuild anything without any kind of creative mode. if thats the case then everyones plots should dissapear and see how many other people give the same reactions. they will also say its not fair.

Re: Starecat's base 11 years, 4 months ago #33926

• jack3303
  • Fresh Boarder
of course im just a player. so don't listen to me. Im just a worthless player. dont take my feelings into concideration. asfar as you know i have no feelings.

Re: Starecat's base 11 years, 4 months ago #33927

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
You were rude. Rudeness isn't guaged on how strong your language was, it's what was said and what was implied that counts. The reason you were jailed is to stop you from carrying on wrecking the area.
And according to this thread, it was made 3 weeks ago, and I'd actually never seen this thread before for some unknown reason, so that's my reasoning for not helping initially.
Also, you saying "it looks bad now because it isn't finished" still doesn't detract from the fact you were wrecking the landscape, you also burnt down areas, poured lava around, set fire to a load of stuff and erratically placed netherrack, and have random streams of water about the place, as well as randomly smashing the buildings that were left.
And as a matter of fact, we didn't say that, that was arcangel. My words were (each quote is after you'd said Gimp said you could have creative) "No", "No, we don't give anyone creative" and "Even if Gimp said you could have creative, it's not happening".
To add to the jail thing, the reason I jailed you without warning was to prevent you from ruining the area any more, and I then confronted you about what you were doing, which I assumed made it clear that's the reason you were jailed. Granted, I could have been clearer after I jailed you, but at the time I assumed it was implied.
Also Tunes, I'll send you a forum message with the co-ordinates.

EDIT: Response to jack;
And they weren't as explicit at that. We basically said "there's not much we can do", which is true, there isn't. We can't get your base back unless Tunes has some tricks up his sleeve, and we can't use WorldEdit to regen the area because it's not working at the moment. In my defence to "not giving full attention" I was never aware of this, and VooDoo told me on Teamspeak that he tried to rectify it at the time, but he could never seem to catch you to talk about your options (I haven't seen you guys in a while either).
And if there's anyone to blame, blame whatever caused the chunk error, which we don't know what caused it, thus there is no-one to blame. No-one forced the chunk to glitch, it was a random glitch in the game/a plugin/the map that caused it to happen. It wasn't ours or your fault. Creative isn't an option, because then there would be loads of complaints from other people, and there would have to be someone watching you the whole time (it's not that you can't be trusted, we just have to be safe to prevent illigitimacy (I think that's spelt correctly)). But, once we get WorldEdit working again and regen the area (since you don't want to move) we would be able to see what could be done, and we would probably have given you all the materials in order to rebuild it.
But now that you guys are being insulting towards us, it's not helping your case at all. We're here to enforce rules and do what we can to help people. I would have helped, but I didn't know about it. If this had been brought up after Gimp made this post at some point, I would have helped.

Well I'm going to bed now since it's nearly 3:15am, and I hope there isn't too much for me when I get back
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Chifilly.

Re: Starecat's base 11 years, 4 months ago #33928

• jack3303
  • Fresh Boarder
ok i am rude how? i only put out reasons ifeel insulted because its a tough luck thing. you dont understand cause its not you who hasto deal with this. i really wanted to like this server. i really did. and if i offended im sorry, but my point still stands. you defended nothing on your case. i have not been heard. i have been insulted by 3 admins already and thats not cool, further more we had mentioned getting supplys but you did not respond. deity had a personal message to you saying that we should atleast get some builder materials. you ignored it. then declined any offer to repremand any if not all things that where wrong with out compound. you cannot justify ignoreing us or this server side problem. you say its no ones fault but you still persist that whats transpired after events are all us.(this right here is me being rational not rude. i havent once been rude. im merely presenting an arguement or complaint. its part of your job to see all complaints and or problems. my house is destroyed and im repremanded?)
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds