Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Pothead irl threats
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Report Issues Here!

TOPIC: Pothead irl threats

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31634

Wow I never realized that the minecraft server has turned into a total hate pool till the past week. People are screaming and alot of them are spamming chif and saying sentences that don't even make sense. Also now that max and creeper are gone zack carb and Tom have taken their place constantly harassing people. Also many people try to make me mad knowing I won't ban them. They pretty much spam me saying ban so and so. Kinda annoys everyone one on the server at that time...
Im A Cow In Space.......... I Win :p

file:///Users/patel/Desktop/400cosmocow.jpg

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31637

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Yeah, I forgot about the constant spam I get about "Chif ban this person", "Chif, give me that item". I don't think people get the gist of "survival" xD

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31638

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :P :P :P
People like them are what tears this community apart and what makes people leave the minecraft server and go elsewhere etc. I think there should be a strictly no griefing policy tbh because it just causes trouble.

On a side note, Ami, would you mind asking DS if he could give me full access to the TWK match server when he has the time, so I can change the freeze time/config etc so that it is viable to play mixes on and if we ever do, play league matches on I did send him a pm a while ago but I don't think he saw it sorry if he did

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31640

• Amitiel
  • Dragon Slayer
I will
(DS and I have been dealing with some nasty irl grief for many months now so he probably forgot. Also probably explains why I'm lacking patience with brats' behaviour lately)

Is that a wand in your pocket ... or are you just pleased to see my succubus?

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31641

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
I agree with the no griefing rule, and wanted that for a while. And would probably make things a whole lot easier

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31642

• reacT
  • Expert Boarder
A process that may benefit the MC Server was setup by VooDoo on Daniel's old MC server a long time ago, I'm sure you know what i'm referring too, Ross? ^^ The current state of affairs, is that we're at an all time low. It's not impossible to get out of this hole but it's not going to be easy.

WCS Server(s) are getting there, slowly but surely.

MC Server(s), well maybe they could do with a bit of restructuring and more harshly administrated, and perhaps just have no Griefing whatsoever, disable TNT. if people desire PvP so badly then designate specific "Arenas" so they can fight or whatever.
but Tunes has already done so much and its disheartening to see that the situation has got him down so much.

Join the League of Legends and Start playing!

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31644

• Amitiel
  • Dragon Slayer
I feel the situation would benefit from a formal application process.
Decide on set of questions / info requirements (legally we cannot directly ask for age due to the legalities around data storage, but we can incorporate age ranges in tick boxes)
A clear code of conduct should be included along with a 'I have read and accept the conditions and understand that if I break these I will recieve a warning, timed ban, then permanent ban' type message. There should also be a probation period to allow the community time to decide if a player should be fully accepted.
The tone is set, everything is then clear and final which should help mc admin with behaviour management.
We have used automated membership forms very successfully in the past.

Dumping pvp would also solve many issues ...

Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Amitiel.

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31647

• FrogyFace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Frog!
reacT wrote:
A process that may benefit the MC Server was setup by VooDoo on Daniel's old MC server a long time ago, I'm sure you know what i'm referring too, Ross? ^^ The current state of affairs, is that we're at an all time low. It's not impossible to get out of this hole but it's not going to be easy.

WCS Server(s) are getting there, slowly but surely.

MC Server(s), well maybe they could do with a bit of restructuring and more harshly administrated, and perhaps just have no Griefing whatsoever, disable TNT. if people desire PvP so badly then designate specific "Arenas" so they can fight or whatever.
but Tunes has already done so much and its disheartening to see that the situation has got him down so much.

Agreed.

I feel the situation would benefit from a formal application process.
Decide on set of questions / info requirements (legally we cannot directly ask for age due to the legalities around data storage, but we can incorporate age ranges in tick boxes)
A clear code of conduct should be included along with a 'I have read and accept the conditions and understand that if I break these I will recieve a warning, timed ban, then permanent ban' type message. There should also be a probation period to allow the community time to decide if a player should be fully accepted.
The tone is set, everything is then clear and final which should help mc admin with behaviour management.
We have used automated membership forms very successfully in the past.

Dumping pvp would also solve many issues ...

Is isn't the pvp that causes the prolems it's the people that hate eachother because of griefing, i'm sure none cares about getting killed once in a while.
I miss the old days when only like 10 players played the server and actaully had fun and didn't have to fight.

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31648

• Amitiel
  • Dragon Slayer
Pvp was hardly the point of my post ... Behaviour and attitude is, so please don't split hairs

Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Amitiel.

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31649

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
reacT wrote:
A process that may benefit the MC Server was setup by VooDoo on Daniel's old MC server a long time ago, I'm sure you know what i'm referring too, Ross?

Well yes, just for those who don't know, there was another server I was co-owner of for a few months (until that actual owner just got bored and closed it down ) and I set up a plugin on the server called "WordRank", basically gives people "Player Permissions" when a certain code is typed in chat, and I also set up a page on the forums called "get build rights" and that page would entitle a quiz of all the rules and you had to answer ALL of the questions correct in order for it to give you the code, the only downfall to using this method is that once one person found out the code, they can tell their friends the code and they all become members, a way to counteract that (the method we used) was to change the code manually every 4-7 days, this was only a 2 minute job, open the server files, change the code, open the web page editor, update the code there..

So, this was a good way to make sure everyone knew the rules and even if the people did tell their friends the code, if they got banned, it was their own fault for not paying attention to the rules..

Also, it means that you can go for a strict administrative policy because you were ENSURED that EVERYONE knew the rules, they had no excuse not to.. so you can ban them without warning of the rules..

Tunes attempted to add a similar system to the TWK Server, I don't know what happened but tunes decided to go with a different plugin that automatically makes you TWK-R after (I think) 1 hour of GAMEPLAY (not 1 hour after joining, but ACTUAL connection time), this plugin glitched out and messed up some of the server quite badly.. since then nothing has been added to solve the permissions problems.. although adding a plugin like this to the server would be a great option, tunes doesn't seem to have the time, this could be solved by finding someone else with a bit more time and giving access to the server files (although im not sure tunes would feel happy trusting someone with something that took so much time and effort for him to create).

Also i think that we could do with a few more WEBSITE ADMINISTRATORS, this way we can get rid of the spam posts and topics from the irritating kids that post random junk on the forums.

Just a few suggestions...
Thanks
--VooDoo--
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by VooDoo.
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds