Pothead irl threats
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Report Issues Here!

TOPIC: Pothead irl threats

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31611

• Nemx
  • Gold Boarder
I'm sure when i was accepted into the community it was only just, and that was because i was then 16, luckily people in the community had already talked to me and played with me on the server and i got voted in because they thought i was mature enough.

So this system seemed to work?

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31612

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
food for thought make forums for something like 16+? seems like a good age. maybe with special exceptions, who knows
GIMP!!!

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31613

• FrogyFace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Frog!
Gimp wrote:
food for thought make forums for something like 16+? seems like a good age. maybe with special exceptions, who knows

I'm 15

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31614

Gimp wrote:
hello again y'all back for a bit
heres some ideas over this err argument?
Kids are annoying so they should be either in, or out the forums. In minecraft at the moment we are asking them to sign up to the forums and if they see anyone breaking the rules, to take a screenshot. This obviously causes its problems as kids are stupid and end up having some massive rage on the forums which pisses people off. So i suggest either making a whole other section for minecraft noobs or just straight up dont let them on the forums.

Maybe just keep the forums to css folk seeing as the recruitment process tends to keep the idiots away. In my opinion there is nobody from minecraft that is mature enough to even be on the forums or in twk. (frogy being the exception )

nice to see you back gimp, but I feel a tad bit offended Although i have to agree that the childish arguments can get a little annoying and end up taking over the ig chat. :/
Thanks,

GeneralDonno

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31616

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Amitiel wrote:
I hate the fact the Tunes is put under stress and pressure and taken for granted. There are certain members of this community like Tunes that I feel very protective over which is why I get so angry when kids are ungrateful, disrespectful and generally take the piss.

THIS since day one..

And I always wanted Survival, just without the pvp..

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31617

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
And as I was trying to say in my earlier post. Here is an idea for how to handle MC server.

Put a box on the front page that says something like "Sign up for access to MC server" and put two fields in it, one for the IG name and one for a short description of yourself, your age for example or if you know someone on the server. Maybe a email adress aswell to wich we send them a msg when they have been aprroved or if they got denied. In that mail we could put the rules of behavior so they cant say they didnt see it.

Then if ppl misbehave on the server you can just dish out the punishment thats needed. If they feel its unfair they can make a complain on the forums, but if its just "please unban me" its not gonna do them any good..

Sure this is extra work but I think it will be a good thing in the end to clear out the trash..

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Johannicus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amitiel

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31618

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
ye frogy u would be the special exception then
an sry donno your also an exception

that sounds like an epic idea johan
GIMP!!!
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by Gimp.

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31623

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
Okay, well, I'm going to get on with my opinion on matters.

Well, I'll start with the Minecraft kiddies.. okay I too am getting very tired of the little whining and moaning kids on the Minecraft server and I feel that it must be like hell for tunes, I really doo feel bad for tunes, at first I thought that it'd be a good way to open up a new group of people that would be active and friendly on the forums.. and yes, I agree... I was pretty dumb to think that, I for one am going to be enforcing a new and more strict set of rules, break a minor rule.. you get a kick, break any rule that I would consider one of the major rules then your gone for good, no if's no but's.

And now I'll start with the CSS servers. okay.. although I've only been here for about a year, which is nothing in comparison to some of the people that are here, I just want to explain that... well the reason I first joined TWK (after 1 day of playing) is that when I joined the server (WCS) everyone welcomed me.. everyone was really friendly and there was an amazing sense of community on the servers, when I first joined I used to love chatting to Mr.Moo, Callum, Pooky and that lot.. but then after a few months of playing the community seemed to slowly disappear with people like Pooky seeming to just give up and go (not at all trying to be mean, sorry for any offence), this seemed to hit the server hard, as pooky was at the time practically the only person that did the in-depth maintenance on the WCS server, this seemed to invite a lot of bugs into the server which slowly made more people leave until soon even the most addicted TWK members drifted away from the servers. I think that what reacT has been working on recently with help from a few others is GREAT work, I think that using the new WCS server, we could bring back the true community feel to TWK, and no, im not trying to say that TWK has lost its community feel, It just doesn't seem to be as friendly and as close as it used to be..

And yes, I'm sad that such an epic community can be let down by some irritating kids.

--VooDoo--

*EDIT* Sorry for such a large paragraph Yelling
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by VooDoo.

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31626

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
VooDoo wrote:
I think that what reacT has been working on recently with help from a few others is GREAT work, I think that using the new WCS server, we could bring back the true community feel to TWK, and no, im not trying to say that TWK has lost its community feel, It just doesn't seem to be as friendly and as close as it used to be..

Agreed, and I will be able to once again start on the Gungame server (if it's still up) when I get css downloaded once more. I don't have as much time since I have a job now but by about Christmas I'm looking at maybe going travelling/having some time to myself (or at least a lowered amount of work). In that time, I would literally dedicate myself to TWK like I was able to in my school days. Testing maps, being a harsh admin that let nothing slip through apart from the odd swear word after 9 (as long as it didn't get too serious) etc etc.

The community and popularity of TWK was at the top of all servers in my opinion and if we put our minds to it we can do it again. Yes we don't have some awesome people like DS, Pooky, Vogon, Tunes etc but they created this community and now it's up to us to make sure that community isn't dirtied by little kids flame wars

Re: Pothead irl threats 12 years, 1 month ago #31628

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
I remember when I used to spend every waking day playing on the WCS server, but then something happened. No idea what, but something happened and it seemed to fall apart, which made me sad. People became inactive, people left, and the community started to break. Then we got more Minecraft people appearing, and I thought it would be great because then we could possible get new community members, but 95% of them came on the forum, made their half hearted TWK-R request in the wrong section, and never came back again. I love what reacT is doing with the new WCS server, and I can't wait until it's fully up and running, and it's brought a hell of a lot of laughs on Teamspeak with them.

Also, I love the Minecraft server to death, and would hate anything to happen to it, but 85% of the people on it irritate the hell out of me, and I can guarantee 80% of them are all under 15.

I think we should have a similar policy that the CS:S servers have with joining. People can join the server, and have a look around the world and stuff, can build with the basic items and tools, and they must prove themselves, they then make an application on the forum which is reviewed by existing members as to whether they can be promoted to TWK-R. They will then have to reply to the thread when the decision has been made to receive the rank if they have been accepted. If they post it in the wrong place, it gets ignored. This prevents the horrible kiddies making illiterate posts in every square inch of the forum wanting to be promoted, and then thinking they can get away with it. It also forces them to be active on the forum as they need to keep checking their post to see the decision. It also stops people coming on, and blowing stuff up and leaving.

I also have another idea, but it would involve more mods, and it would be too much work in my opinion.

Sorry for the massive post.
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds