Tuesday, July 05, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

I vote for clearer grief rules.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: I vote for clearer grief rules.

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35066

  • Johannicus
  • OFFLINE
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
  • Posts: 1087
  • Karma: 6
• Raiding
Raiding is when you break into someones base to steal their items. This is normally done in 2 ways. Shoot their chests with TNT to get the items (destroying a wall is fine to gain access to chests, but destroying excessively is not), or to claim over their chests and loot them. When raiding do not cross the line into griefing.

I see that my suggestion of rules are already in effect since a long time back.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35067

1.I did not know it was a joke

2. What is the point in factions then? If we are not allowed to claim over land to gain access to the base?

3. what if i guessed that there was a chest inside the obsidian box? would i be banned for griefing? or x-raying?

4. If this castle was made out of gold blocks and was unclaimed, you should be allowed to raid it, but if it was claimed, leave it. If you are going to make creations, claim it if it has blocks of value like, gold, diamond, iron, and emerald

5. This is a raiding server so get used to it

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35068

  • Johannicus
  • OFFLINE
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
  • Posts: 1087
  • Karma: 6
Minecraftwyatt01 wrote:
1.I did not know it was a joke

2. What is the point in factions then? If we are not allowed to claim over land to gain access to the base?

3. what if i guessed that there was a chest inside the obsidian box? would i be banned for griefing? or x-raying?

4. If this castle was made out of gold blocks and was unclaimed, you should be allowed to raid it, but if it was claimed, leave it. If you are going to make creations, claim it if it has blocks of value like, gold, diamond, iron, and emerald

5. This is a raiding server so get used to it


1) Stop taking things so bloody seriously and you might see the jokes

2) Factions are so that you and your friends can build a base and claim land to prevent others to gain access to that land. Then if you prefere to raid you can use that factions power to claim over CHESTS in enemy bases.

3)Greifing. x-raying if we think that was the only way you could know.

4)If its made out of gold blocks its a creation/base and if you destroy it to get the materials its griefing acording to current rules.

5)• Raiding
Raiding is when you break into someones base to steal their ITEMS. This is normally done in 2 ways. Shoot their chests with TNT to get the items (destroying a wall is fine to gain access to chests, but destroying excessively is not), or to claim over their chests and loot them. When raiding do not cross the line into griefing.

Those are the current rules get used to it.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.
Last Edit: 8 years, 12 months ago by Johannicus.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35069

2. You should be allowed to claim over anything you like. Then it would become yours

3. you should be allowed to break into a obsidian box if it is unclaimed to see whats inside.

4. if you have valuable blocks in your creation claim it to brevet griefing. but if its unclaimed it free to take

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 12 months ago #35070

  • VooDoo
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
  • Posts: 739
  • Karma: 22
Johannicus wrote:
2) Factions are so that you and your friends can build a base and claim land to prevent others to gain access to that land. Then if you prefere to raid you can use that factions power to claim over CHESTS in enemy bases.


Gotta admit.. I disagree to this.. Factions have a 'Claim over' function for a reason.. claiming other peoples territory for stealing purposes is what the 'Claiming' function was created for.. hence why the factions plugin has 'Power' meaning the people in the faction must sustain their power or risk loosing their base/items.


Johannicus wrote:
Exactly! If I make a castle out of goldblocks then its a creation and cant be destroyed, simple. But if I store them in a chest and someone take it from the chest its ok, because thats raiding.


As for the creating a base out of gold blocks.. Raiding a base isn't only to claim items from chests.. its to claim valuable items in general, if a house is built of gold then that gold is steal-able.. otherwise I would simply build a huge pit and fill it with all my valuable ores and blocks instead of placing them in a chest.. and viola nobody can steal it because its a builiding.

Minecraftwyatt01 wrote:
2. You should be allowed to claim over anything you like. Then it would become yours

3. you should be allowed to break into a obsidian box if it is unclaimed to see whats inside.

4. if you have valuable blocks in your creation claim it to brevet griefing. but if its unclaimed it free to take



I agree with all three of these points..
1. Claim anything you like.. if the current owner doesn't have enough power to keep it.. then it's their own fault.. simple.

2. Breaking a box simply to see what is inside.. providing you have claimed over the land or the land is unclaimed.. Should be allowed, you don't know what's inside.. It's natural instinct to assume that the reason someone would make an obsidian box.. is to protect something valuable..

3. If valuable blocks are used in a building, they are still take-able.. they are valuable and as I said in Point 1.. if the owner cannot keep enough power to keep it claimed.. then they are risking loosing their valuables.. its nobody else's fault but themselves.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 11 months ago #35071

  • Johannicus
  • OFFLINE
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
  • Posts: 1087
  • Karma: 6
VooDoo wrote:
Johannicus wrote:
2) Factions are so that you and your friends can build a base and claim land to prevent others to gain access to that land. Then if you prefere to raid you can use that factions power to claim over CHESTS in enemy bases.


Gotta admit.. I disagree to this.. Factions have a 'Claim over' function for a reason.. claiming other peoples territory for stealing purposes is what the 'Claiming' function was created for.. hence why the factions plugin has 'Power' meaning the people in the faction must sustain their power or risk loosing their base/items.


Johannicus wrote:
Exactly! If I make a castle out of goldblocks then its a creation and cant be destroyed, simple. But if I store them in a chest and someone take it from the chest its ok, because thats raiding.


As for the creating a base out of gold blocks.. Raiding a base isn't only to claim items from chests.. its to claim valuable items in general, if a house is built of gold then that gold is steal-able.. otherwise I would simply build a huge pit and fill it with all my valuable ores and blocks instead of placing them in a chest.. and viola nobody can steal it because its a builiding.

Minecraftwyatt01 wrote:
2. You should be allowed to claim over anything you like. Then it would become yours

3. you should be allowed to break into a obsidian box if it is unclaimed to see whats inside.

4. if you have valuable blocks in your creation claim it to brevet griefing. but if its unclaimed it free to take



I agree with all three of these points..
1. Claim anything you like.. if the current owner doesn't have enough power to keep it.. then it's their own fault.. simple.

2. Breaking a box simply to see what is inside.. providing you have claimed over the land or the land is unclaimed.. Should be allowed, you don't know what's inside.. It's natural instinct to assume that the reason someone would make an obsidian box.. is to protect something valuable..

3. If valuable blocks are used in a building, they are still take-able.. they are valuable and as I said in Point 1.. if the owner cannot keep enough power to keep it claimed.. then they are risking loosing their valuables.. its nobody else's fault but themselves.


So the biggest faction will rule the server unopposed as no one can oppose them in power and therefor cant defend themselfs. No idea for new ppl to create their own bases or show their work cause as soon as the raiders find it they will destroy it and nothing can be done. Thats what you guys want? You might aswell throw the griefing rules out the window because what you guys want is that everything should be raidable. If everything is raidable then nothing is griefing.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.
Last Edit: 8 years, 11 months ago by Johannicus.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 11 months ago #35072

Griefing is when you destroy things for no reason.(EX)Using TNT to blow up random earth, or using TNT to completely destroy a house.

Raiding is when you take things you need and that are valuable. If the house is claimed, you can try to kill the owners to get there power down to claim there land and take over. Even The most powerful faction has to kill to get enemy power down. So new people do have a chance. The new people need not to make there bases so close to spawn. they need to make them far away and hidden. And work at making there power stronger. So you see, the new people do have a chance at even the most powerful faction. Even the strongest faction can fall.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 11 months ago #35073

  • Johannicus
  • OFFLINE
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
  • Posts: 1087
  • Karma: 6
Minecraftwyatt01 wrote:
Griefing is when you destroy things for no reason.(EX)Using TNT to blow up random earth, or using TNT to completely destroy a house.


Not really. I can just say I needed the materials in his house cause it was valuable to me. To use your argument. And thats the current problem each time I have dealt with griefers, they just say they needed the materials and then its ok. No punishment can be given cause its a raiding server.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 11 months ago #35074

TNT destroys most of the material, and i said if they do it for no reason and at random.{EX} Someone finds a nice house that is unclaimed. They blow it the nether. Now that is a grief.

Re: I vote for clearer grief rules. 8 years, 11 months ago #35075

  • VooDoo
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
  • Posts: 739
  • Karma: 22
Johannicus wrote:
So the biggest faction will rule the server unopposed as no one can oppose them in power and therefor cant defend themselfs. No idea for new ppl to create their own bases or show their work cause as soon as the raiders find it they will destroy it and nothing can be done. Thats what you guys want? You might aswell throw the griefing rules out the window because what you guys want is that everything should be raidable. If everything is raidable then nothing is griefing.


It appears you misunderstand the way that faction 'Power' works..

A player holds 10/10 power to begin with, if that player dies they then loose a certain amount of power dropping them to say... 7/10 power, If a faction owns 10 land but only has 7/10 power.. then the 3 plots of land are claimable. It's up to that player to make sure that they don't loose power by creating more powerful armour.. if a faction has multiple members.. you must make sure that all of the members are keeping their power high in order to keep their land..

So.. Say a single player has a house that takes up 10 plots of land.. that house will be safe if he claims it.. but if he dies.. then a few of the land plots are claimable..

If a faction has 5 players then the power can range anywhere from -50 (0 claimable land) and 50 (50 claimable land). If the faction owns 50 land.. then if any single one of them die then their a few plots of land are claimable over. and seeing as there is 5 members in the faction.. that chance of loosing power is 5x as high..
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds