• Page:

TOPIC: The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide 11 years, 3 months ago #34125

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Dafuq is This?! I hear you ask
As you may have seen, Tunes enabled TWK-R and over to use Bukkit Essentials' Sign Shops. There is a new world called the "Shops" world (which you can access by going through the portal on the left of the rules board in the spawn building), and factions can claim plots to build their shop.

The Rules
• A faction may only claim 1 plot for their faction shop
• You may not claim more than 1 plot
• You may not claim over another factions' plot
• You may not make the Shops world plot your main base, it may only be used for buying and selling items
Breaking any of these rules will result in your shop being removed, your access to the shops world revoked, and possibly lose your access to the server itself (in other words, banned).

How to Buy From or Sell To a Person's Shop
They should have a sign in their shop that has the top line [Trade]. This indicates that it is a tradable sign. By looking at the second line, this will indicate what they want (eg. "C100" means 100 crafts, or "1 3:0" means that they want 1 block of dirt (1 being the quantity, 3 being the item ID for dirt, and :0 meaning that there are currently 0 blocks of dirt up for collection). To buy an item for sale, right click the sign, and you will have the amount of crafts deducted, and the item put straight into your inventory. If you're selling an item, right click the sign and the item will be removed from your inventory, and the money added to your account.

How to Make Your Own Trade
When creating a trade sign, there are some specific rules that need to be followed, and I'll try and explain them the best I can. I'm going to explain it line by line on the sign.

Line 1:
All that needs to go on this line is "[Trade]" without quotes. It is case insensitive, so you can put capitals where you like, but it must say "trade" between square brackets

Line 2:
This is the item you want to recieve from the trade. If you are selling, this will be cash, so you will put "$<amount_of_crafts_you_want>", for example "$100" would be 100 crafts. If you are buying, this will be the quantity of the item and the item you want, like "<quantity_for_one_trade> <item_id_or_name>". For example, if you wanted 5 dirt from a single trade, you will put "5 3" or "5 dirt"
Important: The <quantity_for_one_trade> must be the amount you want from the person right clicking the sign once not how many you want in total.

Line 3:
This is the item the customer wants to recieve from the trade. If you are selling, this will be the item you are selling with that specific sign. You will put "<amount_they_recieve_for_one_trade> <item_id_or_name>:<amount_to_put_in_the_sign>", for example, to sell 5 dirt, you will put "5 3:5" or "5 dirt:5". The number after the colon can go as high as you like, but must be a multiple of <amount_they_recieve_for_one_trade> (the first number) and you must have that amount of items in your inventory at the time to put into the sign.
If you are buying, you will be putting money into the sign, so you will put "$<amount_to_buy_the_item_for>:<amount_to_put_in_the_sign>", for example, 100 crafts will be "$100:100". The same rules apply to crafts as they do to items. The number after the colon can go as high as you like, but it must be a multiple of the first number, and you must have the amount of crafts in your account to put into the sign.

Finishing the Sign:
Once you've checked the lines are right, click done, and the [Trade] part should turn blue, and your name should appear in grey on the fourth line. If something goes wrong, your name won't appear and the [Trade] line will turn red, and you will get a message in the chat. Check what it is telling you is wrong, and re-check the steps.

Examples:
If you wanted to sell 20 dirt for 1 craft, and you had 100 dirt in your inventory, this is how you would write the sign:
[Trade]
$1
20 3:100

And it would end up looking like this:
[Trade]
C1:0
20 3:100
Chifilly

If you wanted to buy 20 dirt for 1 craft, and you wanted to put 100 crafts in the sign (so you'd be able to buy 100 lots of 20 dirt) you would do the following:
[Trade]
20 3
$1:100

And it would end up looking like this:
[Trade]
20 3:0
C1:100
Chifilly

Collecting and Restocking
If you are buying/selling an item, you can collect the money that has been spent on it/the item by right clicking the sign. You can tell if you have anything to collect by looking at the number next to the colon on the second line under [Trade]. This indicates how much is available for collection.
If you want to restock an item into a sign, right click it with the item in your hand, and it will stock the sign with that item. If you are buying, the only way to restock a sign with money is to remake it.

A Little Bit More Advanced
If you're trying to sell an item with an item ID with a data value, for example wool, or a mob head, then when you're putting the item ID into the sign, seperate the item ID and the data value with a comma instead of a colon, so for example, a Wither Head would be 144,1 instead of 144:1

I hope this guide helps you to understand how Sign Shops work, and how to make your own. If you have any questions, reply to this topic and I'll try and help.
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by Chifilly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tunes, sh4z, Krudox, LordChaosMind

Re: The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide 11 years, 3 months ago #34127

Beautiful chif
Thanks,

GeneralDonno
The following user(s) said Thank You: sh4z

Re: The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide 11 years, 3 months ago #34128

Can ya put an example of a buy? it seems alot easier w. that then what I read :p Then again, Im not payin attention to nothin today..

Re: The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide 11 years, 3 months ago #34129

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Haha, alright, I'll add a buy one in

Re: The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide 11 years, 3 months ago #34131

Cool beans! Thanks Chifilly!

Re: The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide 11 years, 3 months ago #34132

Haha, Thank yuhs

Re: The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide 11 years, 1 month ago #34505

Can you make the trade sign on sky block?
Last Edit: 11 years, 1 month ago by Minecraftwyatt01. Reason: fixing it

Re: The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide 11 years, 1 month ago #34506

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Probably

Re: The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide 11 years, 1 month ago #34508

Well i have been having problems with it.(ex) When i try to put 10 carrots in it will say i don't have 10 carrots, when i have them in my inventory. If you know how to fix this plz tell me. thx

Re: The Sign Shop - A Noobs Guide 11 years, 1 month ago #34515

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Yeah, I know what will fix it. Writing the sign properly. Buuut, if that's not the case, then they don't work in other worlds
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds