Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TrolledYeah's Ban
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: TrolledYeah's Ban

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

TrolledYeah's Ban 11 years, 3 months ago #34070

If anyone is reading this(preferably a mod or admin) I would like to know why I was banned, whenever I log in it states 'disconnected from server - griefing' I saw wicked's post but he makes it sounds like I totally demolished his base. I have to disagree with his statement because I did not break the obsidian recently, I did it during the original raid with Maxmekker10. The glass I broke did no real harm to the ''castle'' yet wicked acts like I blew everything he built up.

Please reconsider the ban, or at least tell me the actual rules to the griefing and raiding.

Re: TrolledYeah's Ban 11 years, 3 months ago #34071

• Krudox
  • Fresh Boarder
Im not 100% where the lines goes between raiding and griefing either, cus it seems like it changes from time to time. Also I dont see why Trolled should get perma banned for that, the damages could have been fixed in 5 min, and I would gladly do it to get Trolled unbanned. Trolled has been on this server for a long time, so imo he should get another chance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrolledYeah

Re: TrolledYeah's Ban 11 years, 3 months ago #34072

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
TrolledYeah wrote:
I saw wicked's post but he makes it sounds like I totally demolished his base. I have to disagree with his statement because I did not break the obsidian recently, I did it during the original raid with Maxmekker10. The glass I broke did no real harm to the ''castle'' yet wicked acts like I blew everything he built up.

The way I see it is, You went to Wicked's house and broke things for no reason at all.. which is considered griefing.. and you know the rules, you've been playing here a while and you should know that griefing gets you banned..

So for all I care you can stay banned o.o

Re: TrolledYeah's Ban 11 years, 3 months ago #34073

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
From what I saw, I don't see it as breaking for no reason. They broke the glass because they wanted the glass, and the rules on griefing say excessively destroying a base for no reason, which they didn't do.
I don't know who banned you, but in my opinion, it doesn't warrent a ban.

Re: TrolledYeah's Ban 11 years, 3 months ago #34074

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
Chifilly wrote:
From what I saw, I don't see it as breaking for no reason. They broke the glass because they wanted the glass, and the rules on griefing say excessively destroying a base for no reason, which they didn't do.
I don't know who banned you, but in my opinion, it doesn't warrent a ban.

Broke the glass because they wanted it?
Breaking glass?
Breaking glass does not drop glass unless you use silktouch.. and I wasn't aware that they did. o.o
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by VooDoo.

Re: TrolledYeah's Ban 11 years, 3 months ago #34079

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Yep, I watched him break the glass, and he was using silk touch

Re: TrolledYeah's Ban 11 years, 3 months ago #34080

It was me who banned trolledyeah and no it had nothing to do with the glass. It was down to the 36ish blocks of obsidian he broke causing lava to flood ebk's halls, which had no raiding purpose.
Also i never once mentioned a perm ban; Mcbans is down so it was a general local ban with no mention of length, Although considering that they trolled had been on the server for a while and knows our view on griefing, it might be a perm ban.
As for the glass, i disagree because you are saying as long as people have silktouch items, you can completely destroy someones base and just say you need the items.
Thanks,

GeneralDonno

Re: TrolledYeah's Ban 11 years, 3 months ago #34086

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
So we aren't allowed to neatly level someones house for resources? (J/K) awwww

Re: TrolledYeah's Ban 11 years, 3 months ago #34087

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well this is question quite problematic...

Well, this is a survival server, so raiding is part of it.

Leveling someones base for resources is kinda pointless, you have to mine them or blowing them up, as you would do with normal mining activities, so I consider it griefing.

Killing others to be able to claim their land is the way to go, empty their chests of valuable things is considered raiding, pointless destruction is considered griefing.

Re: TrolledYeah's Ban 11 years, 3 months ago #34090

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
GeneralDonno wrote:
As for the glass, i disagree because you are saying as long as people have silktouch items, you can completely destroy someones base and just say you need the items.
I'm not saying that. If they completely annihilated the base and it was unrecognisable just because they wanted the materials, that would be griefing. All he did with the glass was take all the windows. No significant damage, as it's easily replaced. But I didn't know he broke a lot of obsidian, I only thought it was a small amount and then left if because they couldn't pick it up as there was lava under it. If it looks like a malicious breaking of the obsidian, then I retract by defence
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds