Username Password: Remember me

Factions/Warps
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Factions/Warps

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Factions/Warps 11 years, 3 months ago #33985

Questions :p
I know there is a lot of factions, Quite a few big ones, And I commonly have to leave 'em and make my own because since there is only 5 warps, Not including F home and Set home, I was just thinking that it would be a nice idea to have like One or Two warps warps per Faction member would be a neat thing, Especially for someone like me who has to use a lot of warps due to Laziness for walking.
Kthankbaiz|(
The following user(s) said Thank You: sh4z

Re: Factions/Warps 11 years, 3 months ago #33990

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
That would be a cool idea, but not sure it's possible unless someone makes a plugin for Factions or Factions Plus to do it (since the warps are part of Factions Plus)
Tune's would probably know if there's something for it

Re: Factions/Warps 11 years, 3 months ago #33993

• nuckyi
  • Expert Boarder
adding 1 or 2 warps per member would be nice or incressing the number of warps a faction can have. 5 is a very short ammount for a med to large faction

Re: Factions/Warps 11 years, 3 months ago #33996

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
I must say.. I COMPLETELY disagree..I think 5 warps + /f home and /home is more than enough.. I mean, you have a total of 7 teleport locations, why would you need more than that? 7 is enough to do ALOT with, so how about stop wasting them on stupid things and use them creatively.. that way you'd never have the need for more than 7.

Re: Factions/Warps 11 years, 3 months ago #33997

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
I would like to respectfully disagree with your disagreement.

+1 for extra warps. Yeah, More than enough if you don't have anything useful to warp to... creativity is what uses them up it's not about waste or using them on stupid things (That's a bit harsh btw, it might be a valid comment if it is stupid but that's subjective).

Also It's not fair to class /f home and /home as part of your warps imo.

/home is personal not for faction use so there's -1
/f home is a generic location which is shared by the faction and needs to be protected and isolated not changed willy-nilly -1

Then we are left with 5 which are (Key point) Shared between faction members. Now it might sound like a lot (For one person okay) but once you use them between 4-5 people you have 0. What do you do? Delete a warp or use /home? No. You might now have 1 each. It's not like we are saying everyone should bring seven warps to the faction. Just a few extra if possible.

Each of our warps is important for faction use (Speaking from my experience). It is not practical for me to use /home anymore (If this is what you are implying) due to the distance (Want to walk / travel by boat for 14+ (No Joke) hours to get home? No Thanks). Want to make scaffolding out to a far away platform in the end for hours? (No Thanks).

We can always use more warps. But you are right when you say they should be used wisely. Please give this request further consideration.
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by sh4z.

Re: Factions/Warps 11 years, 3 months ago #34010

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, There is no way to give warps per player, so I upped the warps value to 10 and that's final.

Most factions don't even have the possibility to own 10 chunks of land (except mine and 1 or 2 more)

Re: Factions/Warps 11 years, 3 months ago #34013

• nuckyi
  • Expert Boarder
thanks m8

Re: Factions/Warps 11 years, 3 months ago #34014

• nuckyi
  • Expert Boarder
more about warps and factions. i guess if your enemy to a faction and your vanished. you can tp to them but not warp out. this also affects the person we warp to. they cant warp when an enemy is nearby.

no clue how to fix this. unless theirs something you can do such as when you vanish ur not considered part of a faction..

Re: Factions/Warps 11 years, 3 months ago #34015

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
First of all thank you to all who have contributed to this post. And thank you Tunes that is very generous

~Tunes
Also, valid point you make about the 10 claims issue, although I do have a possible solution for a 1-man-band faction.. I have noticed that warps remain active even after your claim has been removed. Potentially you could use your last possible claim to set the warp, unclaim and still have access to it, then proceed to make another claim/warp/unclaim. This might not be intended functionality but it is something I have noticed. So far there appears no set time-expiry for said warps.

@Nuckyi
Moderators should probably be neutral to everyone? This is a specific limitation because while in vanish you can still interact with the world and other players and therefore the plugins also.

If it worked more like a spectate I think you would be right (This is more commonly implemented client-side). During spectate you do lose the ability to interact because of the reach limitation in Minecraft I am not sure whether a plugin can change this behavior; you might not need this for observation.

Cheers!
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by sh4z.

Re: Factions/Warps 11 years, 3 months ago #34016

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well let's go

Vanishing is an abnormal minecraft state, you don't really exist on the server, you can't even /t to a vanished player.

When you tp, you use functions outside factions mod control, no way to control that unless Essentials and Factions use each other API (they don't atm) or unless someone writes a plugin to mix the two (like mcmmo and nocheat with a bridge called cncp)

I believe you cannot faction warp into enemy territory, but essentials knows nuttin about factions.

And of course, MODS and XMODS CANNOT go into war or hassle/steal/grief other players, if that happens, someone get demoted (remember steve?) So if that happens, publicly notify me so I investigate.

Cheers

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds