Marketing TWK
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marketing TWK

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Marketing TWK 11 years, 7 months ago #33210

• iMattR
Hey people.

Basically, I've been trying to think of ways to get TWK's name out there more... and one idea I had that I could do (whether it be with people or not, because me and Voodoo are pretty beastly!) is creating a TWK YouTube channel and uploading video's on there. All sorts of video's obviously - server tours, an introduction video, a primary advertisement, etc. Just let me know what you think. A community channel might be an idea as well - let players upload their own video's.

But, seeing as I'm not the only member of the community, I thought we could let TWK-R's and Players from the server itself pitch in as well! So, if you guys have any idea's, feel free to add them below.
Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by iMattR.

Re: Marketing TWK 11 years, 7 months ago #33211

• ~Falcon
  • Fresh Boarder
An idea for marketing: On many largly-played servers I have been on, a message flash across the screen every 5 minutes or so saying: Vote for to recieve DIAMONDS at: (Website). Shortly after, a message pops up saying that a player has voted and received diamonds. People really do vote! This will not only let players have a jumpstart at TWK, it will increase the chance of TWK apearring when searching for servers. Just a suggestion, feedback would be nice .

Re: Marketing TWK 11 years, 7 months ago #33213

• Squallhero
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree with falcon's idea. We could have like 10 sites to vote from, and have like a shop where we could use vote points to buy certain things. That way, we could have people constantly striving to get items via voting. It's a win win situation .

Edit : To more fasten the process, I've found a few sites that accept voting.

minestatus.net/
mcservers.org/
minecraftservers.biz/
www.minecraftserverfinder.com/
www.xtremetop100.com/minecraft
www.minelist.net/index.php?method=pv&cat=

P.S. If we do have a vote 4 diamonds kind of thing, I'm sorry but... Matt, you're going to have to code the stuff for that =(. If you'd like to teach me, I'd like to learn ^^;.
Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by Squallhero.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ~Falcon

Re: Marketing TWK 11 years, 7 months ago #33216

• iMattR
I like the idea... but I also hate the messages, "OMG HEY DERRR - WANT FREE DI-ER-MUNDZ? VOTE LOL xD". They bug me so much. There is a site that my servers are on, and they have an interwound plugin called Votify that enables server owners to write listeners for when people vote, thus rewarding them. Although, if totally necessary, I can write another plugin (with a permission to remove those messages for MODs, XMODs and admin's of course )

But yeah, guys, keep your idea's coming, and I'll have a talk with the rest of the server staff when we've got a few good ones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ~Falcon
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds