Username Password: Remember me

The 1.3.1 buzz is over
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: The 1.3.1 buzz is over

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

The 1.3.1 buzz is over 11 years, 8 months ago #33003

• iMattR
Alas, TWK has now updated to 1.3.1 and is running rather smoothly (despite the odd lag), thanks to Tunes! So first off everyone give him a round of applause for the time put aside to deal with fixing any issues we had, and secondly, for being patient with the constant, "HURRRR DURRRR DERRRRSSS LAAAGGGGG ON DIS HERE SUURRRRRVURRRRRR!1111!!!!1"

However, irregardless of the new features and fixes, we still have a rather large issue on the fact that 1.3.1 itself is very buggy - so classic Mojang really. This is a huge concern for server owners because servers seem to be slow and sometimes laggy. Although, it's probably more the Bukkit build of the server rather than Mojang's. So, server owners are all waiting on 1.3.2 to see what sort of bug fixes and patches are going to be introduced.

On a brighter note though, the less... technically sociable members of Minecraft's thriving community are looking forward to 1.4 which brings a selection of new features (most likely thanks to Dinnerbone). Here's a quote from the latest Mojang blog post by Jeb with a brief bit of information on their plans, and new 1.4 features:

We are currently working on two different tasks: first to patch 1.3.1 to fix the most serious bugs, and secondly on 1.4. The patch will be released as 1.3.2, and will not include any new features. This snapshot (12w32a), however, is a part of our 1.4 development, so it has some new features (confusing, eh?):

• Villagers will now react positively on new trades, and negatively if you hurt them
  • Villagers will not remove trades, but trading something else may be required to renew the old ones
  • Zombies and Skeletons have new equipment, depending on difficulty
  • There’s a new kind of Zombie, too
  • Added the “Command Block” intended for adventure maps. It’s not craftable and not in the menu, but its id is 137
  • A suprise block! This block is still work in progress, but will get a crafting recipe later on

So, my two questions to you are:

• What do you hope to see in the 1.3.2 patch?
  • What do you think of the new planned features in 1.4?
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by iMattR.

Re: The 1.3.1 buzz is over 11 years, 8 months ago #33004

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
I hope they make the server and client more stable in 1.3.2, because at the moment, they don't like to play nice
And the only thing I'm really looking forward to in 1.4 is the mod API
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by Chifilly.

Re: The 1.3.1 buzz is over 11 years, 8 months ago #33005

• iMattR
The mod API sounds awesome, but it seems like they're avoiding talking about that for some reason... and they'd better fix the server in 1.3.2 - getting sick of it bugging out now.

Re: The 1.3.1 buzz is over 11 years, 8 months ago #33006

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Yeah. I don't think they're even opened up the proposal submitting thingy yet, and if they have, it's sodding impossible to find xD

Re: The 1.3.1 buzz is over 11 years, 8 months ago #33007

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, atm i cannot wish too much for 1.3.2 (if it ever comes out) and 1.4 as I don't play that much but I like to have the server running with people playing there, and for that I thank everyone for their hard-work.

the only thing I really wish, please Mojang, Dinnerbone and all bukkit team, release decent a more bug clean stuff, it makes really hard and time consuming to maintain servers working properly, on the other hand, I know java and I know how hard it is to work with it.

Until 1.4, I'll keep updating stuff here and there.

Factions won't be updated atm cause the last release basically destroyed servers all over, mainly, deleting ALL claimed terrain, It happened on my test server too...

Cheers folks!

Re: The 1.3.1 buzz is over 11 years, 8 months ago #33008

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Wow, a pretty big bug with factions then xD
And thanks you for your hard work Tunes

When the Mod API becomes a reality, I'd LOVE to make mods/plugins/whatever you wanna call them for the server

Re: The 1.3.1 buzz is over 11 years, 8 months ago #33014

• iMattR
I'm running Factions 1.7.5 on my server at the moment, and it seems to be running rather well? The only error I actually get is that Essentials[Chat] 2.9.3pre2 doesn't receive asynchronous chat events from it.

PS. Tunes, I've sent you a message regarding the server if you've not already seen it

Re: The 1.3.1 buzz is over 11 years, 8 months ago #33019

• Gedafix
  • Junior Boarder
Im running 1.69R at home they released 2 days ago. I havent had any issues at all with it, however, im running it off a clean world. So im not sure what it is going to do to preexisting safezones,etc...
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds