Factions idea.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Factions idea.

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Factions idea. 11 years, 9 months ago #32898

• Postal291
  • Senior Boarder
For those out there that find it hard to trust people, ie: faction of 1. I feel there should be something in place to allow folks to upgrade their maximum power (of either their faction or themselves). Perhaps allow them to spend crafts to upgrade their max power or something.

To ensure this isn't abused a few safe-guards could be put in place such as:
Making the cost ridiculous (like say, 5000 crafts per point or even 10k)
Ensuring that only the faction admin (founder?) are able to do this.

Note: this would only increase max power.
ie: instead of 10/10 you could go up to 11/11 power.

Players embued with this would still be capable of going down to -10 power.

This would really allow those single-minded individuals out there to expand their bases beyond what would normally be possible.

(myself I refuse to claim more than 50% of my max power for fear of dying a few times).

I feel this would promote more inter-faction wars, and lessen the "so-and-so betrayed me and took my stuff" complaints.
Order from chaos. Pride from prejudice. Honor through action. Be the best you.

Re: Factions idea. 11 years, 9 months ago #32899

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
I love this idea. Not much else to say really, everything's covered

Re: Factions idea. 11 years, 9 months ago #32901

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
Hmm, well, although I think this is a great idea I would like you to REALLY think about this.

Okay, my opinion is: I think its a good idea and could work well, but then you have to take into consideration, the whole point in factions mod is to build strong alliances, (hence the allying system) if you don't believe you can trust people? then don't invite them to your faction, the whole point I'm trying to get across is that if you can't trust people then you will not advance, I believe that you should work on gaining friendships and becoming trustworthy within the community. If you cannot spend the time getting to know people and allowing your faction to grow, then I think it should do EXACTLY that.. and not grow, allowing someone to create a SOLO faction will not encourage people to bond and the server will become less and less about friendship and YES I do know that the server is not about friendship and is quite about the opposite, its about war but what is a war when it is only 1 vs 1? create factions, teams and have an ACTUAL war.

Also, if your worried about miss-trust then you are correct to be worried, that's the whole point in factions, if you get back-stabbed then you get back-stabbed, so be it, sure.. its annoying but you gotta deal with it? that's just how life is, and I know this is not real life, it is just a game of MineCraft, but the way that the whole trust system works is the same. you win some and you loose some. Am I right?

-=VooDoo=-
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by VooDoo.

Re: Factions idea. 11 years, 9 months ago #32905

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
VooDoo wrote:
Hmm, well, although I think this is a great idea I would like you to REALLY think about this.

Okay, my opinion is: I think its a good idea and could work well, but then you have to take into consideration, the whole point in factions mod is to build strong alliances, (hence the allying system) if you don't believe you can trust people? then don't invite them to your faction, the whole point I'm trying to get across is that if you can't trust people then you will not advance, I believe that you should work on gaining friendships and becoming trustworthy within the community. If you cannot spend the time getting to know people and allowing your faction to grow, then I think it should do EXACTLY that.. and not grow, allowing someone to create a SOLO faction will not encourage people to bond and the server will become less and less about friendship and YES I do know that the server is not about friendship and is quite about the opposite, its about war but what is a war when it is only 1 vs 1? create factions, teams and have an ACTUAL war.

Also, if your worried about miss-trust then you are correct to be worried, that's the whole point in factions, if you get back-stabbed then you get back-stabbed, so be it, sure.. its annoying but you gotta deal with it? that's just how life is, and I know this is not real life, it is just a game of MineCraft, but the way that the whole trust system works is the same. you win some and you loose some. Am I right?

-=VooDoo=-
Perfect argument TBH

Re: Factions idea. 11 years, 9 months ago #32907

• iMattR
What you've also got to bear in mind is that most of the players of TWK are under 16, and are clearly going to be switching the opinions of factions, allies, enemies, etc. every which way and that way, so I think it's a good idea.

Re: Factions idea. 11 years, 9 months ago #32910

• Gedafix
  • Junior Boarder
I like the idea. Frankly... the only time you get raided is when you invite someone to your faction and they happen to notice you have good stuff and decide they'd rather have it then get bored and quit 3 days later.

"You're my best friend.... oooh shiny"

Re: Factions idea. 11 years, 9 months ago #32911

• FrogyFace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Frog!
In my opinion i don't think increasing the faction power will be a good idea for the following reasons: It will be really hard to play as a new player considering you can't fight people with more power, It will increase the one person factions something that sucks, Will make faction wars 2 vs. 2 or less, It's potatoish.

Re: Factions idea. 11 years, 9 months ago #32912

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
And then, comes the guy that will end it all

After taking a look into more recent factions plugin configs, there is no way to make that happen.

It would cause Factions plugin engine to be modified, I don't have the source nor they (the plugin creators) distribute it.

So it's a no go. Sorry

I can only configure server wide power per player or raise manually each faction (will happen for premium users).

I will make owning land more costly than it already is, it will causes griefing to go down, since you'll have do own land and that will cost.

There may be other new things I haven't checked, but I will take care of those tomorrow.

Atm, there is still no 1.3 bukkit release.

Re: Factions idea. 11 years, 9 months ago #32913

• FrogyFace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Frog!
Tunes wrote:
And then, comes the guy that will end it all

After taking a look into more recent factions plugin configs, there is no way to make that happen.

It would cause Factions plugin engine to be modified, I don't have the source nor they (the plugin creators) distribute it.

So it's a no go. Sorry

I can only configure server wide power per player or raise manually each faction (will happen for premium users).

I will make owning land more costly than it already is, it will causes griefing to go down, since you'll have do own land and that will cost.

There may be other new things I haven't checked, but I will take care of those tomorrow.

Atm, there is still no 1.3 bukkit release.

So by that you say you agree to the donator rank idea?

Re: Factions idea. 11 years, 9 months ago #32914

• Gedafix
  • Junior Boarder
On a tangent note, enchanting is WAAAAAY too easy in the new patch. I got ten levels just from coal mining. PVP is going to get INTERESTING on the new server.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds