(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Minecraft 1.3 pre-release

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Minecraft 1.3 pre-release 11 years, 9 months ago #32870

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well folks, it's coming!

On the 26th Mojang released the pre-release (lulz), I haven't had the time to come up with a testing server and atm we'll wait for the release to come up on the lancher.

As I've said on a post before, the survival map will get reset.

I know people get a bit pissed with map resets, but as it happened before, sometimes some parts of the map tend to start laggin like hell, being caused either by the server itself or plugins (nolagg is the first suspect), but I can't live without nolagg, but I've digged a few confs that might work better.

So, the survival server (creative will be up in a matter of hours or minutes after update) will be closed during the 2nd of August and white-listed.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO

Server will be avail ONLY to TWK-MODS and above.

Cut out from Mojang site

---

It’s finally time for Minecraft 1.3! As the norm is these days, we prepare the community and server providers with a prerelease. The official release date is August 1, so that’s when everybody will get the update in the launcher.

Here’s a brief collection of all the changes made since Minecraft 1.2.5:

The game now runs an internal server in single-player mode
The single-player server can be shared on LAN, with LAN server detection
Made it possible to use client-side commands by enabling cheats (this is defaulted as disabled for old worlds)
Added an optional “bonus chest” to get started quicker
It’s now possible to trade with villagers. Added emeralds as a currency
You gain enchantment orbs from other tasks than just destroying monsters. Max enchantment level has been decreased to 30
Servers can automatically suggest and distribute texture packs
Added new world map elements (does not need a new map, but they’ll only appear in new areas)
Added cocoa beans
Added an Ender chest
Added tripwire
Wooden logs can be placed sideways
More detailed change log here: www.reddit.com/r/edstonehelper/comments/...for_the_next_update/

---

Links:

Client
assets.minecraft.net/1_3/minecraft.jar

Server
assets.minecraft.net/1_3/minecraft_server.jar

No Bukkit avail so far.

Cya there Thursday, 2nd August, I hope to be there around 11h GMT and stay in all day till 17h GMT.

The following user(s) said Thank You: M3ntoz

Re: Minecraft 1.3 pre-release 11 years, 9 months ago #32873

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
"Servers can automatically suggest and distribute texture packs"; Wait, what? xD that'll be interesting
"Improved Creative mode inventory"; Mmmmmmm...
"Added hardcore difficulty: Players are banned upon death"; That will also be interesting, lol.
"Blocks other players are mining now show cracks - Screenshot"; That's cool.
"Individual, stackable items near each other on the ground now become one item stack"; This will make things 100x less laggy! Love it.
"Removed the downwards knockback while drowning"; THANK YOU!
"Doors being broken by zombies now show their damage - Screenshot"; That's cool too.
"Fixed liquids slowing down flying players"; Thank God for that! xD
"Fixed boats & minecarts not being one-hit breakable in Creative"; And that xD
"Fixed raw fish, dyes, saddles, potions, milk buckets and tools depleting in Creative"; This too
"Fixed being able to duplicate sand, gravel and powered rail"; Didn't know you could dupe powered rail, but glad there will be no more sand/gravel machines
"Fixed TNT dropping as a resource on creative mode"; That got annoying...
"Fixed arrows scooting up to the top of the block they were shot on"; That bugged me
"Fixed endermen not opening their jaws"; Woo! Creepy Endermen in multiplayer.
"Fixed fully charged arrows not showing their particle effect"; Never noticed...
"Fixed enchanted armor and tools not glowing to other players"; Niiice!
"Nether portal: Leaks into the Overworld now: Depending on difficulty, zombie pigmen rarely spawn in them"; Whoa... that's interesting!
"Wooden pressure plates: Are triggered by arrows now"; Something for the Challenge World me thinks
"Empty buckets: Stack up to 16 now"; YES!
"Signs: Stack up to 16 now"; YES!

That's what I'm excited about xD
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by Chifilly.

Re: Minecraft 1.3 pre-release 11 years, 9 months ago #32877

• FrogyFace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Frog!
Tunes thank you for the effort you do to maintain the server

Re: Minecraft 1.3 pre-release 11 years, 9 months ago #32885

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
No worries, even not being able to be there the time I want, I'm still a gamer and and I do like to maintain it and see it full and people having fun and fighting all over the place

soo, 2nd August is already in my business calendar, all day, no excuses, basically, besides what is done in the other maps, the server will be rebuilt from the ground, groups, permissions, plugins, etc.

Re: Minecraft 1.3 pre-release 11 years, 9 months ago #32890

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
This'll be fun. Getting to do some proper work behind the scenes on the server

Re: Minecraft 1.3 pre-release 11 years, 9 months ago #32897

• Postal291
  • Senior Boarder
I'm excited

Can't wait to flex my creative muscle again building a new hideout (lol ME hide! bwa ahhahaa)

Probably won't be on when you guys are all huddled up on the 2nd, with work and the time difference. However, I will be on when I can, so somebody take notes for me
Order from chaos. Pride from prejudice. Honor through action. Be the best you.

Re: Minecraft 1.3 pre-release 11 years, 9 months ago #32915

• Gedafix
  • Junior Boarder
They made enchanting levels WAAAY to easy, I got 15 levels in the first 20 minutes on a vanilla minecraft SINGLE PLAYER. Just from mining coal.

Re: Minecraft 1.3 pre-release 11 years, 9 months ago #32916

• iMattR
I'm pretty sure they nerfed levels from ores quite a bit. Seems to be from trying out some of the more recent snapshot updates.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds