[PROTIP] Don't give them the satisfaction
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: [PROTIP] Don't give them the satisfaction

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

[PROTIP] Don't give them the satisfaction 11 years, 8 months ago #32751

• iMattR
Me again!

Just posting some friendly advice for the MODs/XMODs on TWK when it comes to pain in the ass players on the server spamming chat, or generally abusing other players (again in chat). Essentially, when a player starts spamming they expect to be banned - it's what they want. And what do you give to a bitching child? Well, you sure as hell don't give them what they want. You tell them to grow up, shut up, go to their room. So with players that spam chat, just mute them.

I got the whole idea from Postal, who just uses "/ignore" on players that throw abuse at him or spam chat. When there's no authoritative members online that's probably the best method, but if there is then players should just ask those to mute him.

Example
The other day, I was on the server and some kid kept getting killed in the PvP arena and decided it'd be totally awesome to call everyone on the server "gay assholes" and spam it into chat, multiple times. I asked his reasoning behind this despite multiple users telling me to ban/kick him. He then turned around and kept saying "ban me" over and over, so I simply went, "I wouldn't give you the pleasure." and muted him. Ten minutes later, he left the game.

Re: [PROTIP] Don't give them the satisfaction 11 years, 8 months ago #32752

• Amitiel
  • Dragon Slayer
^ I love this guy! Wish you come and work as a ta in my classroom (Zeus would have to come too tho!)

Is that a wand in your pocket ... or are you just pleased to see my succubus?

Re: [PROTIP] Don't give them the satisfaction 11 years, 8 months ago #32753

• iMattR
Haha. They'd all get an earful from me if they got on my nerves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amitiel

Re: [PROTIP] Don't give them the satisfaction 11 years, 8 months ago #32754

• Postal291
  • Senior Boarder
Yup, whenever someone is being a tool in chat I tell everyone to /ignore them. It seems way more effective than a simple kick / ban. Win Win Baby!
Order from chaos. Pride from prejudice. Honor through action. Be the best you.

Re: [PROTIP] Don't give them the satisfaction 11 years, 8 months ago #32755

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
its why i added it and you must have a lot more patience than me i just ban the idiots (or make them my toys if im bored )
GIMP!!!
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by Gimp.

Re: [PROTIP] Don't give them the satisfaction 11 years, 8 months ago #32757

• iMattR
Haha! We know you do! And nope - I'm one of the most impatient people ever, I just LOVE making people who are complete idiots feel stupid as hell.

Re: [PROTIP] Don't give them the satisfaction 11 years, 8 months ago #32759

• shadez
  • Fresh Boarder
Yush, let the fools be fooled on. Gives us more satisfaction because of their inner rage u can feel .
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds