Saturday, April 20, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tactics.

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 8 months ago #13601

• Tin
  • Official TWK Admin
if you play my tatic i have x3 mariens before you can even get a reaper in my base, sorted... you will never be able to reaper rush faster than marines rush esk purly due to the tech lab needing time to build, and u need refinerys so you are gonna be behind on unit count . but by all means its a handy tatic if they aint prepared for it, i sometimes wonder about a mid game x20 reaper rush just to dent their econ, x10 on each base and boom no more builders for them...

liger its cos i let some econ acumilate while i scout about abit (i usualy get 50billions scv's so xD) and ur not attacking till u get to their base so you can que up the buildings keep an eye on he fellas and then do the research if u feel u dont need to micro, simples ^^
I am the tart of TWK, accept no subsitute!!

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 8 months ago #13602

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
i say this calls for a match between esk and tin each doing different strat
and upload replay later, so we can all laugh at the loser

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 8 months ago #13603

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
Tin wrote:
if you play my tatic i have x3 mariens before you can even get a reaper in my base, sorted... you will never be able to reaper rush faster than marines rush esk purly due to the tech lab needing time to build, and u need refinerys so you are gonna be behind on unit count . but by all means its a handy tatic if they aint prepared for it, i sometimes wonder about a mid game x20 reaper rush just to dent their econ, x10 on each base and boom no more builders for them...

liger its cos i let some econ acumilate while i scout about abit (i usualy get 50billions scv's so xD) and ur not attacking till u get to their base so you can que up the buildings keep an eye on he fellas and then do the research if u feel u dont need to micro, simples ^^

If you play your tactic. Don't say a tactic doesn't do this and that purely based on your own tactic, if you build specifically for a reaper rush, which is the whole idea of an effective reaper rush you are left defenceless , i am not talking about it incorporated into other tactics later game. Reaper rushes are most effective early off. therefore to do it at its up most effctive time it has to be one of the first few combat units you produce as there won't be much to counter it and even then it takes some micro. Although you can alter the tactic to get marines out first before reapers but this delays the rush in which time they may be able to get more zealots/marines/zerglings out rendering it less effective. I agree with you later game they cost relative nothing but at the start of a game they heavily dent your economy if you aren't doing the 3rax tactic. cba with you anymore tin.
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 8 months ago #13606

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
Obviously you have marines up before you reaper rush...
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 8 months ago #13607

• Tin
  • Official TWK Admin
liger wrote:

that will be moi
I am the tart of TWK, accept no subsitute!!

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 8 months ago #13609

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
Tin wrote:
liger wrote:

that will be moi

u admit inferiority? Good, no need to fight
From now on it is known that:
eskimo > Tin

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 8 months ago #13610

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
liger wrote:
From now on it is known that:
eskimo > Tin

everyone knows this. Anyways, here is a helpful link on macro to help win games by a very good player

3ah8ew52
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 8 months ago #13611

• Gazza
  • Official TWK Admin
There is no point talking about whos tactic is better than whos, every single tactic has its strengths and weaknesses and most games come down to who has the best micro, and who can scout. Anyone who goes into a game and has 1 set tactic throughout the whole game isnt doing it properly. who wants to zerglings spam agianst collosi. So arguing about the effectiveness of a tactic makes you nothing more than a dumbass!

Bitches just got served

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 8 months ago #13612

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
I only made this to share general tactics to the community, which i may use or have been used against me. It was only to inform. I have not once said that this is my tactic and i am only going to spam this. lol. I haven't said ones tactics are better then anothers, i have just said how the tactic should be done. There is no point reaper rushing near end game. ^^

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 8 months ago #13614

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
The only way that I see a Reaper rush being a good tactic is if the enemy has walled in and you noticed it early. When me, Tin and Eski played I survived 3 reaper rushes with around 10 reapers in each. All I had in defense was a tower and some zerglings.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds