Monday, April 29, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

First Impressions of Starcraft 2..
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: First Impressions of Starcraft 2..

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 9 months ago #13322

• Gazza
  • Official TWK Admin
_vapour wrote:
Good game to begin my RTS career?

Just hope the ranking system is good - or else you will get raped by the sc2 fanboys

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 9 months ago #13324

• Tin
  • Official TWK Admin
greenie and gaz hurry up and buy it so we can get off dow2 and into sc2 already ffs! (we can make twk sc2 team tbh)

vp its a good rts to start out in yeah but u need patience (the rank system so far has been pretty sweet gaz).
I am the tart of TWK, accept no subsitute!!

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 9 months ago #13325

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Tin wrote:
greenie and gaz hurry up and buy it so we can get off dow2 and into sc2 already ffs! (we can make twk sc2 team tbh)

vp its a good rts to start out in yeah but u need patience (the rank system so far has been pretty sweet gaz).

Yeah, a TWK team would be cool. Me and Tin are already doing 2v2 and I must change my previous statement. Its actually fun.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 9 months ago #13326

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Gazza wrote:
_vapour wrote:
Good game to begin my RTS career?

Just hope the ranking system is good - or else you will get raped by the sc2 fanboys

One of the positive things with the region limit. We dont have to face South koreans

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 9 months ago #13327

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Creepiest situation in SC2 so far: in a 1v1 game against AI the comp surrendered and said "gg". I almost thought I played a human for a few sec..

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 9 months ago #13328

• dynamicaL
  • Senior Boarder
Johannicus wrote:
Creepiest situation in SC2 so far: in a 1v1 game against AI the comp surrendered and said "gg". I almost thought I played a human for a few sec..

haha, yeah thats a bit offputting

did you guys do the 50 practice/noob matches, or just go straight for the placement stuff?
i just destroyed two people in the noob-matches. apparently there are people that are worse than me o/

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 9 months ago #13329

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
'Apparently BLIZZARD is trying to turn the StarCraft franchise into yet another World of WarCraft phenomenon - and, at the same time, using STARCRAFT II as the vehicle, BLIZZARD is trying to turn BattleNet into the new STEAM. Unfortunately this results in a barely palatable product and using your fan-base to advance your corporate ambitions is always tacky.
Although priced even more than a full premium game, this is not a complete STARCRAFT sequel. You would not know this by its price-tag(!) but this is only A...THIRD of the game, the first part of three: you can only play the Terran campaign. The Zerg and the Protoss campaigns will be released independently later (and priced as if they were full games, one could safely bet).
To add insult to injury, one has to keep spending even more money if he wants any "premium maps" and "premium content" sold only via the BattleNet. Since this is a game that will be played mostly online don't be quick to dismiss this if you have a competitive streak.'

o o o o o o o o swear:
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 9 months ago #13330

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
eskimo wrote:
'Apparently BLIZZARD is trying to turn the StarCraft franchise into yet another World of WarCraft phenomenon - and, at the same time, using STARCRAFT II as the vehicle, BLIZZARD is trying to turn BattleNet into the new STEAM. Unfortunately this results in a barely palatable product and using your fan-base to advance your corporate ambitions is always tacky.
Although priced even more than a full premium game, this is not a complete STARCRAFT sequel. You would not know this by its price-tag(!) but this is only A...THIRD of the game, the first part of three: you can only play the Terran campaign. The Zerg and the Protoss campaigns will be released independently later (and priced as if they were full games, one could safely bet).
To add insult to injury, one has to keep spending even more money if he wants any "premium maps" and "premium content" sold only via the BattleNet. Since this is a game that will be played mostly online don't be quick to dismiss this if you have a competitive streak.'

o o o o o o o o swear:

Troll. First of the text states that they think the other 2 parts will be released as full price but they dont know. Secondly, all quickmatches are played on offical blizzard maps cause all people have those. Third, maps you dont have will be automaticly downloaded before play for those that dont have them. Those that spread these texts Im pretty sure never wants change in their lives. If it where any other company than Blizzard doing this I would be worried. But so far Starcraft 2 is worth every penny and im sure the follow ups will be aswell. And its not like the followups will be released this year so buy the game and enjoy it. If you get tired of it before the expansion then dont buy it. SIMPLE.

As a side note, you couldnt buy the DoW2 expansion only in all the stores, you had to buy the original+expansion. Even on steam you could buy the expansion only during the first week or two, then you had to buy the whole thing at full price.

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 9 months ago #13331

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
dynamicaL wrote:
Johannicus wrote:

haha, yeah thats a bit offputting

did you guys do the 50 practice/noob matches, or just go straight for the placement stuff?
i just destroyed two people in the noob-matches. apparently there are people that are worse than me o/

Yeah, I never thought worse players than me would exist either. As far as I see it the ranking system are like this:
First you do 5 matches to test your skills, this will tell if you join the Bronze league, Silver league or the Gold league. Then as you win you rise in rank, I also guess that you can go from Bronze to Silver to Gold if your skills are good enough, not sure. Rank=list placement. And there is a league for each type of game, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and FFA.

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 9 months ago #13332

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
Im really disappointed there are no general chat rooms :/
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds