Friday, March 29, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

First Impressions of Starcraft 2..
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: First Impressions of Starcraft 2..

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 8 months ago #13258

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
I got my collectors edition of Starcraft 2 today and why Im not playing it is because blizzard wont allow me to play it until launchday!! Im glad I got all the other goodies to keep me company until launch

The Soundtrack is worth every penny! Great songs, especially "Public Enemy", "Card to play" and "The Hive". 10/10

Artbook was a bit of a letdown, good pictures but too little of the Queen of Blades" 5/10

Behind the scenes DVD was real cool as it had all cinematics and some other cool stuff.
8/10

Dogtags in metal with inbuilt USB storage containing Starcraft+Broodwar was really nicley done! 9/10

Gameplay: Ok, singleplayer is awsome! Great cinematics, story and you choose wich mission to do and what upgrades fit your type of play. They even included a arcade game thats accessable after a few missions, and I mean old school arcade but with SC2 graph.

Multiplayer: After some matches with Tinwax and a friend of mine this is my opinion of the multiplayer. I will never ever play matches against random players because they removed the turtle aspect of the game in multiplayer. No more build up your defenses and when you feel safe prepere for offense. Defensive bunkers and towers die way to easy, just as in W3. In this game the computer aint my enemy, its my inability to spew units. But co-op is fun. The only way to choose wich map to play and against how many opponents and if you want AI in the game is to play unranked matches. All ranked matches are against random teams of "same" skill
You just pick 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or FFA and your race and then its random matchmaking.

Summary: I will buy the next part since the story seems to be great, but multiplayer will only consist of games with my friends or TWK. Cause the hardcore players will eat me like a snack.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 8 months ago #13259

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
I will leave all that excitement for when I come back from vacations, around September...

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 8 months ago #13266

now tbh I have never played SC but jsut looking at the trailer for SC2 looks like a game id enjoy however, do i need SC first?

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 8 months ago #13267

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
TheBlackWaltz wrote:
now tbh I have never played SC but jsut looking at the trailer for SC2 looks like a game id enjoy however, do i need SC first?

I didn't have the first (nor did I play it!). But from the raves I've heard about the first, that's why I'm jumping onboard this one. I would think a fair number in the community will end up with this so it should lead to some fun battles
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 8 months ago #13276

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
DreamState wrote:
TheBlackWaltz wrote:

I didn't have the first (nor did I play it!). But from the raves I've heard about the first, that's why I'm jumping onboard this one. I would think a fair number in the community will end up with this so it should lead to some fun battles

OK

You and Blackwaltz are just Heretics....

SC and BW were just the best RTS games EVAR!

We just need to see if this one will be as good...

Eagerly awating the release here...

DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 8 months ago #13277

VoGon wrote:
DreamState wrote:
TheBlackWaltz wrote:

OK

You and Blackwaltz are just Heretics....

SC and BW were just the best RTS games EVAR!

We just need to see if this one will be as good...

Eagerly awating the release here...

Sadly I was 12 when SC was out leaving the console nightmare

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 8 months ago #13278

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
says no associated copy, altho on website it says ive activated

meh

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 8 months ago #13289

• dynamicaL
  • Senior Boarder
Installing o/
my new comp hasnt arrived yet though, so i have to do this all over again (and windows P

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 8 months ago #13293

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
*Updated my post*

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: First Impressions of Starcraft 2.. 13 years, 8 months ago #13296

• Tin
  • Official TWK Admin
i might actualy go hardcore (ranked games) cos im rly liking this for an rts good pace units are pretty baalanced in general, i am spam happy xD
I am the tart of TWK, accept no subsitute!!
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds